Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 319

Thread: Scott McKenna - Scotland

  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Liam McLeod just said in commentary that Everest is only 1,200 feet higher than the Azteca.

    Mixing up your metres and feet, Liam.

    Imagine trying to play football at 28,000 feet altitude.
    He’s obviously not there, or he wouldn’t have made such a stupid mistake.

  2. #282
    Shinnie has done his chances no harm at all there .the boy done good

  3. #283
    Well that was painful viewing, McKenna did ok ish, Shinnie - better 2nd half, Christie poor and Mclean... Thought he came on before he got subbed as I never saw him in the 1st half.

    McGeogh should have put some eye holes in his mask.

  4. #284
    Where did Shinnie play left back or midfield

  5. #285
    McKenna captain?

    Well done Alec McLeish

  6. #286
    Well done to McKenna and Shinnie. Hopefully first start of many for Shinnie.

    McKenna being captain is a strange one but it's brilliant stuff. Even if it is a meaningless friendly at silly o'clock.

    As much as I can't be ****ed with Scotland that much these days, playing for Aberdeen and knowing you might get picked for your country is very important.

    Even guys like Stevenson deserve a cap before some nobody from the English first division who only qualifies because his great granny is from Corby.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Where did Shinnie play left back or midfield
    Left back

  8. #288
    Shinnie will be ignored once the prima donna fannies who sapped oot decide that they want to play again when itís convenient for them.

    Big hairy knackers to international fitba.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Shinnie will be ignored once the prima donna fannies who sapped oot decide that they want to play again when it’s convenient for them.

    Big hairy knackers to international fitba.
    Hopefully not. I can see it coming though. At least McKenna seems to have permanent place.

    I was listening to Willie Miller talking about missing out on the 78 world cup and Gordon McQueen going instead. No disrespect to McKenna but what a change in fortunes.

    McKenna seems to do something that most defenders can't do now...defending.

  10. #290
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    23,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

    McKenna seems to do something that most defenders can't do now...defending.
    That why i think hes great. Theres an old fashioned centre halfness about him. Get the job done. Hes also quick and as we have seen, he has a worldie in him too. I just cant see him sticking around

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    That why i think hes great. Theres an old fashioned centre halfness about him. Get the job done. Hes also quick and as we have seen, he has a worldie in him too. I just cant see him sticking around
    You wouldn't think it would be difficult finding someone that's as reliable but clearly it is. Every club out there seems to struggle finding that type of player.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Shinnie will be ignored once the prima donna fannies who sapped oot decide that they want to play again when it’s convenient for them.

    Big hairy knackers to international fitba.
    I would like to think McLeish will have him in the squad at least,he hasn’t got much chance of playing left back with Tierney and Robertson ahead of him but he could be a useful backup in midfield.

    McLeish has been grumbling about the guys who pulled out of this tour so it would be disappointing if he bins the likes of Shinnie and McGeough to bring the McArthurs and Bannons back in.

  13. #293
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    23,872
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Shinnie will be ignored once the prima donna fannies who sapped oot decide that they want to play again when itís convenient for them.

    Big hairy knackers to international fitba.
    On that. F@ck the lot of them and hopefully McLeish has a note. Brown should be punted for good. Hopefully McLeish doesnt want a bit part choose when i want to play walloper in the team

  14. #294
    Well done to McInnes and Milne (far's ma tin hat) in getting McKenna contracted until 2023. I was pleasantly surprised when he signed the extension, even more so now considering the last few months he's had.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Well done to McInnes and Milne (far's ma tin hat) in getting McKenna contracted until 2023. I was pleasantly surprised when he signed the extension, even more so now considering the last few months he's had.
    Myself too quite happy, I spoke to a member of staff after the 2nd Hull bid prior to the cup game v St Mirren and was told he wasnít leaving.....I then said there will be other scouts tomorrow......only to be told unknown by myself he was sent off playing for Ayr v Hibs last year and was suspended.......just shows how much of a rollercoaster year the young man has had.

    Anyway: pertinently for the troll, in no specific order......
    Rioja
    William Hill
    Carnoustie
    Mahon and.....Cerveza

    SF

  16. #296
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    23,872
    Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Well done to McInnes and Milne (far's ma tin hat) in getting McKenna contracted until 2023. I was pleasantly surprised when he signed the extension, even more so now considering the last few months he's had.
    Aye definitely. What a f@cking season the loon has had.

    I will also point out that when i was heading to New Advocates for an East End game before Pittodrie, i was walking past the Mainer. A few players turned up at the same time some signed 1 or 2 autographs. McKenna stayed for ages, signed heaps, posed for selfies etc. Alot more than the others. Good lad

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Left back
    Mexico did well with their movement to drag Shinnie infield time and again, forcing Christie into the LB slot with the overlapping wingback.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Mexico did well with their movement to drag Shinnie infield time and again, forcing Christie into the LB slot with the overlapping wingback.
    Yes I agree that Christie was often found in the left back position due to Mexico dragging our players all over the place. Defending is not a strength of his (Christie). What was McLeish thinking about with playing Paterson further forward?! He was dreadful.
    McLean was also dreadful.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Yes I agree that Christie was often found in the left back position due to Mexico dragging our players all over the place. Defending is not a strength of his (Christie). What was McLeish thinking about with playing Paterson further forward?! He was dreadful.
    McLean was also dreadful.
    I believe Paterson plays in midfield for Cardiff rather than right back,from what I have read he has done quite well for them in that position.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I believe Paterson plays in midfield for Cardiff rather than right back,from what I have read he has done quite well for them in that position.
    He didnít look good at the front of the midfield against Mexico.
    I read the article in the sun about him getting moved to midfield as Warnock didnít think he was a decent defensive player and his strength was going forward.
    In fairness to him Mexico are no mugs and made a few of our players look completely out of their depth.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •