+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott McKenna - Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I Like the New Scotland Manager he picks Dons players in fact 3 & picks an good ex one in Ryan Fraser
    Sorry to burst the bubble and all that, but the new Scotland manager (McLeish) picked only one dons player as in Scott McKenna !!!

McLean is a Norwich player and Christie (Timothy)

Good to Ryan Fraser doing well though.....

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ohno View Post
    Which een? The een fae Fife Keith or the een fae Dufftown.
    Oh, the een fae Keith.

I'd need baith hands for 3 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Sorry to burst the bubble and all that, but the new Scotland manager (McLeish) picked only one dons player as in Scott McKenna !!!

McLean is a Norwich player and Christie (Timothy)

SF

No shyte sherlock!

I think the point is that players who play for Aberdeen regardless of whom own them are actually getting exposure on the international stage. Can you imagine Strachan playing that team a year ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    No shyte sherlock!

I think the point is that players who play for Aberdeen regardless of whom own them are actually getting exposure on the international stage. Can you imagine Strachan playing that team a year ago?
    I got excited about McKenna playing but genuinely wasn't interested about Christie and I'm a bit meh at McLean. It's not on purpose, just how I feel. I like McLean as well.

I get your point though and I've said it before a few times, getting picked for Scotland (and not for political reasons) is a good thing for Aberdeen. The majority of us might not give a **** but I'm sure McKenna does and that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I got excited about McKenna playing but genuinely wasn't interested about Christie and I'm a bit meh at McLean. It's not on purpose, just how I feel. I like McLean as well.

I get your point though and I've said it before a few times, getting picked for Scotland (and not for political reasons) is a good thing for Aberdeen. The majority of us might not give a **** but I'm sure McKenna does and that's all that matters.
    Good to see so many SPFL players on the park instead of Guff Championship of League One players wi Scots grannies. McKenna was brilliant, but personally thought Callum McGregor was MOTM. Lots of clever inventive stuff from him.

Ah, but McGregor doesn't fund a new stadium in Westhill
    McKenna does.

That wasn't a negative comment, if we must move Id rather we weren't in debt for years because of it.

I'm delighted for McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    Good to see so many SPFL players on the park instead of Guff Championship of League One players wi Scots grannies. McKenna was brilliant, but personally thought Callum McGregor was MOTM. Lots of clever inventive stuff from him.
    I can't stand McGregor but he's a very good player.

Good result and some nice movement by the teqm.

As rico said, mulgrew always liable to make 1 error.

Terrible penaly and was to blame for the costa rica goal.

However, we are looking good.

I said ages ago the Philips was a good player.

I'd drop Forrester to accomodate Griffiths next match in May.

Mckenna was superb. A great presence on the left hand side. He's a very effective left sided defender and left midfielder. Stopping balls and putting in some great passes into the opponents box.well done lad.

Agree re mcgregor..a great player as is Armstrong on his game.
    Thank **** Brown has gone.we have a new midfielder in McGinn...he's a very strong player who will grow more with experience.
    Wasn't a penalty but a free kick for us but still the score could've been about 5-2 us.

Well done lads

As an Aberdeen fan who has long since lost my (at one time very strong) interest in the Scotland international team I was still pleased to see Aberdeen players get some recognition. I take the point that McLean and Christie likely won't be here next season but in the meantime the fact that hey're turning out and giving their all in an Aberdeen jersey is enough for me, whoever has their signature on a contract. Having said that I take most pleasure in McKenna - we've had some great players at Pittodrie but he has the potential to be the best we've produced in a long time.

Couldn't give a **** about Ryan Fraser, I accept there were faults on both sides and I think footballers are entitled to put their own careers first, but the manner in which he left the club still seems to me to suggest a particularly selfish, ungrateful little *******. The contrast with McKenna could hardly be starker.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast