Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 319

Thread: Scott McKenna - Scotland

  1. #1

    Scott McKenna - Scotland

    Hopefully a more positive thread to reflect on following the recent turgid posts.

    Rumours are that Scott McKenna will be called up on Monday for the Scotland squad to face Costa Rica and Hungary.
    Hopefully, he gets the opportunity to play alongside Souttar and we get a chance to see a potential future CB pairing.
    Add in McTominay and it would be good to see a more youthful Scotland team get a chance.

    I'd add in Paterson at Right Back, with Robertson on the Left. Tierney could play left midfield (he practically does anyway with Celtic).

    Well done Scott if indeed you are called up.

  2. #2
    I've had a diminishing interest in the national team in recent years but would be good to see McKenna in there and a partnership with Souttar could be the way ahead for years to come - they've experience of playing together in the U21 team so I'd punt them both in together in these friendlys and see how they fair - the other central defence options are pretty poor.

    Lot of fuss being made over this McTominay chap - never heard of him or seen him play so will reserve judgement. However, if McLeish had to go and beg him to play for Scotland rather than England, I find that quite embarrassing - lets have a team of guys who are actually proud to play for Scotland and not just using us as a route into international football because they know they'll never be good enough to play for England. I'm convinced that's one of the reasons we've been so gash over the last 15-20 years.

  3. #3
    Good news and I would probably give Souttar a go in the friendlies as well.

    I got it wrong in another thread about McTominay. I thought he had represented England at age level. It would appear he hasn't. His old boy is from Glasgow and he says he considers himself Scottish so that is fair enough for me. Much better than that farce with Scotland and England over Celtic's latest wonderkid.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Giesing, Munich
    Posts
    162
    The shining light of this season for sure.

    I'd expect him to pick up POTY, YPOTY and GOTY, he deserves the lot. It will be difficult to beat his goal v Kilmarnock.

    Agree with all the above. It is now time to get the youth in there. Less Berra, Hanley, Martin, Greer and whatever other dross and more McKenna.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    24,649
    Good luck to the loon.

    Enjoyed watching him this season

  6. #6
    Signed a new deal to 2023

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Signed a new deal to 2023
    This is even better news!!! He has been very solid so far this season and he is a joy to watch in defence! Good news for the club and we can command a big fee for him, should anyone want him.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    24,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Signed a new deal to 2023

    Good on ya Scotty min

    Future El Capitano

  9. #9
    If McLeish has any ambition of taking Scotland to a major finals then he has to be ruthless, get rid of the dead wood from previous campaigns and start building for the future now. To that end McKenna should be in there. Age and inexperience should be no barrier.

  10. #10
    Great news as long as its not a new deal with a 1.2 million release clause

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    If McLeish has any ambition of taking Scotland to a major finals then he has to be ruthless, get rid of the dead wood from previous campaigns and start building for the future now. To that end McKenna should be in there. Age and inexperience should be no barrier.
    Agreed. Berra, Mulgrew, Morrison, baith Fletchers, Chris Martin et al should be told to do one.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Good on ya Scotty min

    Future El Capitano
    Shinnie handed him the armband when he was subbed against Accies in the league game a few weeks ago.

  13. #13
    Great news.

    Goes to show what can happen when you play one of our youth players (even if it's out of desperation).

    I'd also add that I have no issues with Berra playing. He's Scottish (even if he's an embra weirdo type) and he's playing well in the premier league. It would be good for someone like McKenna to play with an experienced and consistent defender.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Shinnie handed him the armband when he was subbed against Accies in the league game a few weeks ago.

    I’m not usually the one to turn every thead into McInnes bashing, but what good does he think he is doing the team making McLean captain?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Great news.

    Goes to show what can happen when you play one of our youth players (even if it's out of desperation).
    .
    (Couldn’t help yourself, could you?)
    How about a bit of praise for the manager convincing him to extend his contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I'd also add that I have no issues with Berra playing. He's Scottish (even if he's an embra weirdo type) and he's playing well in the premier league. It would be good for someone like McKenna to play with an experienced and consistent defender.
    Your making an argument for McKenna not to play as McLeish would likely pair up Soutter with Berra given they have a club connection as well.

    It’s friendlies, time to give youth a chance

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I’m not usually the one to turn every thead into McInnes bashing, but what good does he think he is doing the team making McLean captain?
    So don’t then. Join mason et al on all the other threads moaning about the manager and leave one upbeat thread about one of our players doing well.

  17. #17
    [QUOTE=afc1903mad;38821311](Couldn’t help yourself, could you?)
    How about a bit of praise for the manager convincing him to extend his contract.

    You could start an argument in a phone box couldn’t you !!

  18. #18
    Why don’t you f’uck off.

    He should have been captain when Shinnie was out.

    That upbeat enough for you?

    The East Neuk was a hole





    Edit.... of course you maybe don’t mean the pub.

    If you’re a fifer then I refer you to the top of the page
    Last edited by donsdaft; 07-03-2018 at 05:28 PM.

  19. #19
    He's a bear of a laddie. I'd like to see him start smashing players.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    So don’t then. Join mason et al on all the other threads moaning about the manager and leave one upbeat thread about one of our players doing well.
    Leave me out it. I wasn’t going to comment at all in it, seeing as the OP couldn’t even get through the opening sentence without being a throbber

    But aye, we’ll done Del getting him to extend his contract.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •