+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott McKenna - Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Grant Hanley being the biggest.
    A traffic cone would be more use than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    A traffic cone would be more use than him.
    This is why I didn’t want McLeish as the Scotland manager,I suppose he has picked the likes of McKenna and McGeough to try them out in these friendlies but I suspect the likes of Fletcher,Bannon,McArthur and Snodgrass will all be in for the qualifiers.

It will more or less be the same players with one or two new English lads failing to qualify for another tournament.

These games could be massive for Scott's progression, and for his transfer value. He's already shown the 1m in 94 instalments offer fae Hull to be an embarrassment to that club.
    Chances are, he'll be our biggest transfer sale by far, when it happens.
    In the meantime, enjoy him while we can.

McLeish has announced that Mulgrew will captain the team tomorrow,being a left sided centre half these days I would expect Grant Hanley to partner him in defence.

Different manager same old pysh,what is the point in playing Mulgrew in a friendly?Everyone knows he isn’t good enough for international football so at least give McKenna a go to see how he gets on.

I suspect the likes of Mulgrew,Hanley,McArthur,Forrest and Bannon are going to be given yet another chance to fail miserably at qualifying for a tournament.

McLeish has announced that Mulgrew will captain the team tomorrow,being a left sided centre half these days I would expect Grant Hanley to partner him in defence.

Different manager same old pysh,what is the point in playing Mulgrew in a friendly?Everyone knows he isn’t good enough for international football so at least give McKenna a go to see how he gets on.

I suspect the likes of Mulgrew,Hanley,McArthur,Forrest and Bannon are going to be given yet another chance to fail miserably at qualifying for a tournament.
    Having been out the country for a week, I had almost forgot that McLeish was our national manager.....

....Almost.

Agreed.
    My slightly reinvigorated interest in the national team has gone before the first game team is announced.
    Its a friendly for fcuks sake, they should have played Paterson, Soutar, McKenna and Robertson as the back line.

I understand that you can't have a full team od youngsters and need experience, but having Mulgrew in defence is a clear sign of the same old sh!t.

That said, if he's deployed a a defensive midfielder (as a replacement for Brown), then MacLeish may just keep my interest

Was just about to post about this. Same as afc1903mad. I had a wee bit optimism inside that things would change.

Silly silly me

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    Was just about to post about this. Same as afc1903mad. I had a wee bit optimism inside that things would change.

Silly silly me
    Couldn't give a monkey's about Scotland, but I'm surprised anybody thought things would change under McLeish. He the epitome of old school Scottish fitba establishment negativity and caution. He would have thought wee Gordy rarely put a foot wrong, and was unfairly done for by the fans' unreasonable expectations that a footballing country as crap as Scotland could expect to qualify for things.

His intention will be to repeat the formula as before and keep his fingers crossed for a bit more luck; failing which he'll have a few more years of people treating him like he's a big shot instead of the has-been he was a few weeks ago, and a few hundred thou more in the bank before the roof caves in. Win/win.

Old School Mantra 1: for friendlies, pick experience. Don't fall for the delusion that media and fans will give you time to experiment because you're starting out. If performances and/or results are bad they'll start kicking you hard, early and often. Factors beyond your control, like the dearth of Scottish born football talent, are going to get you soon enough. It would be crazy to hasten your demise by taking unnecessary risks with raw kids.

Its was like us pre season during the 9th place finish years, I'm always optimistic at the start even though deep down I know the bubble will quickly burst.

What's that old saying? Try the same thing over and over and over, expecting different results is a sign of insanity!

Why do we keep gettin insane coaches!

Choosing Mulgrew as captain sets out McLeish's stall. He isn't exactly spoiled for choice but isn't someone with much ambition either. It will be the same old p!sh with him in charge. Can't be bothered with international football with Scotland any more. As for the "they have to be gallus, if you like, really believe in themselves." Fack off.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast