+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Scott McKenna - Scotland

When was the last time a Dandy got 4 games on the trot for Scotland McKenna is what we need more off

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    He didn’t look good at the front of the midfield against Mexico.
    I read the article in the sun about him getting moved to midfield as Warnock didn’t think he was a decent defensive player and his strength was going forward.
    In fairness to him Mexico are no mugs and made a few of our players look completely out of their depth.
    To be fair that Mexico side had over 500 caps between them and the Scotland side had 27 caps.

Maybe the likes of Paterson,McLean,Christie etc won’t be good enough for international football but I would rather see them play and give them a chance instead of Fletcher,Bannon,McArthur,Hanley etc because they have had their multiple chances and proved they aren’t good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    To be fair that Mexico side had over 500 caps between them and the Scotland side had 27 caps.

Maybe the likes of Paterson,McLean,Christie etc won’t be good enough for international football but I would rather see them play and give them a chance instead of Fletcher,Bannon,McArthur,Hanley etc because they have had their multiple chances and proved they aren’t good enough.
    What we have learned about that trip is that we are woefully short going forward. We don’t look like we can compete against a half decent opponent. Mexico were going through the motions and looked like they could easily play up a few gears.
    It’s a learning curve for our new look national team but we certainly need to be a threat going forward if we are ever going to qualify for any major tournament.

That ain't the full team though is it? It's probably the c team. So I can't see how you can learn much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    What we have learned about that trip is that we are woefully short going forward. We don’t look like we can compete against a half decent opponent. Mexico were going through the motions and looked like they could easily play up a few gears.
    It’s a learning curve for our new look national team but we certainly need to be a threat going forward if we are ever going to qualify for any major tournament.
    The boy upfront McBurnie looks like a typical Scotland striker,plenty of effort but won’t score much.

I don’t like him but thumb heed is the best striker Scotland has,the boy Phillips is a better option as well.

Or Scott Brown who thinks he can do what yhe f@ck he wants

You've singled Fletcher, Bannan and McArthur out here, despite the fact we ended the last campaign strongly (arguably about as good a run of form the Scotland team has had for years) and those three were in the starting lineup for much of it (e.g. they all started the last competitive game in Slovenia where we actually played pretty well and nearly qualified). With the possible exception of Fletcher given he's 34, I honestly can't see what the merit in that is beyond some kind of "sending a message" bol!ocks that should have nothing to do with how the team is picked.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    You've singled Fletcher, Bannan and McArthur out here, despite the fact we ended the last campaign strongly (arguably about as good a run of form the Scotland team has had for years) and those three were in the starting lineup for much of it (e.g. they all started the last competitive game in Slovenia where we actually played pretty well and nearly qualified). With the possible exception of Fletcher given he's 34, I honestly can't see what the merit in that is beyond some kind of "sending a message" bol!ocks that should have nothing to do with how the team is picked.
    Because the likes of McArthur,Bannon and Hanley have played in at least 3 qualifying campaigns where we haven’t qualified,what’s the point in picking them for another one when they have proven they are not good enough.Its time to give others the chance to see if they are good enough at international level.

I don’t think any other nation would continue picking the same players who fail to qualify for a major tournament time and time again and neither should we.
    Last edited by rico94; 03-06-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Or Scott Brown who thinks he can do what yhe f@ck he wants
    I thought he already told McLeish he has packed in playing for Scotland.I know he reversed his decision before but I can’t see him doing it again.

Because the likes of McArthur,Bannon and Hanley have played in at least 3 qualifying campaigns where we haven’t qualified,what’s the point in picking them for another one when they have proven they are not good enough.Its time to give others the chance to see if they are good enough at international level.

I don’t think any other nation would continue picking the same players who fail to qualify for a major tournament time and time again and neither should we.
    Totally agree with you Rico. Players who keep failing should certainly look to be replaced.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast