+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott McKenna - Scotland

Scott McKenna - Scotland

Hopefully a more positive thread to reflect on following the recent turgid posts.

Rumours are that Scott McKenna will be called up on Monday for the Scotland squad to face Costa Rica and Hungary.
    Hopefully, he gets the opportunity to play alongside Souttar and we get a chance to see a potential future CB pairing.
    Add in McTominay and it would be good to see a more youthful Scotland team get a chance.

I'd add in Paterson at Right Back, with Robertson on the Left. Tierney could play left midfield (he practically does anyway with Celtic).

Well done Scott if indeed you are called up.

I've had a diminishing interest in the national team in recent years but would be good to see McKenna in there and a partnership with Souttar could be the way ahead for years to come - they've experience of playing together in the U21 team so I'd punt them both in together in these friendlys and see how they fair - the other central defence options are pretty poor.

Lot of fuss being made over this McTominay chap - never heard of him or seen him play so will reserve judgement. However, if McLeish had to go and beg him to play for Scotland rather than England, I find that quite embarrassing - lets have a team of guys who are actually proud to play for Scotland and not just using us as a route into international football because they know they'll never be good enough to play for England. I'm convinced that's one of the reasons we've been so gash over the last 15-20 years.

Good news and I would probably give Souttar a go in the friendlies as well.

I got it wrong in another thread about McTominay. I thought he had represented England at age level. It would appear he hasn't. His old boy is from Glasgow and he says he considers himself Scottish so that is fair enough for me. Much better than that farce with Scotland and England over Celtic's latest wonderkid.

The shining light of this season for sure.

I'd expect him to pick up POTY, YPOTY and GOTY, he deserves the lot. It will be difficult to beat his goal v Kilmarnock.

Agree with all the above. It is now time to get the youth in there. Less Berra, Hanley, Martin, Greer and whatever other dross and more McKenna.

Good luck to the loon.

Enjoyed watching him this season

Signed a new deal to 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    This is even better news!!! He has been very solid so far this season and he is a joy to watch in defence! Good news for the club and we can command a big fee for him, should anyone want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

Good on ya Scotty min

Future El Capitano

If McLeish has any ambition of taking Scotland to a major finals then he has to be ruthless, get rid of the dead wood from previous campaigns and start building for the future now. To that end McKenna should be in there. Age and inexperience should be no barrier.

Great news as long as its not a new deal with a 1.2 million release clause

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast