+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grant

Grant

Just a thought of his best position. Personally i think hes wasted out on the wing
    1, hes not got the pace to take a defender on
    2, we have natural wingers who should play there everyweek
    3, I see him better playing just in behind stead in front of noble and hewitt who were excellent on saturday. Im just glad nobles got his chance.

He can use both feet shoot and pass and surely would have more influence on the game.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    Just a thought of his best position. Personally i think hes wasted out on the wing
    1, hes not got the pace to take a defender on
    2, we have natural wingers who should play there everyweek
    3, I see him better playing just in behind stead in front of noble and hewitt who were excellent on saturday. Im just glad nobles got his chance.

He can use both feet shoot and pass and surely would have more influence on the game.

Any thoughts?
    I'd be interested to know who our natural wingers are that should play there every week. I can only think of Hawkridge and Allessandra, and neither of them beat the full back too often. I'd describe both as wide midfielders rather than natural wingers. Grant does seem a bit wasted out wide as he can drift out of the game for long spells, if Stead or Shola are out he might be worth a go in what seems to be called the number ten role these days.

Yes hawkridge and allessandra maybe even virtue at a push on the right young fit and quick enough to get up and down. We're just to slow up front with both stead and shola together.
    If fit steads got to start give all for 60 70 mins then bring shola on to give his all if fit of course this way shud both be ok for rest of season barring injury.

You wouldn’t tinker with formation at this stage but I think our squad lends itself well to a 3-5-2.
    Toots and Jones have pace and energy for the wing backs.
    Noble, Hewitt and Grant as your midfield and the big two up top.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    You wouldn’t tinker with formation at this stage but I think our squad lends itself well to a 3-5-2.
    My sentiments too.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I think you are bang on there Kill

Im not saying tinker or change things just we are light up front and short of pace wide and 2 positional changes could make a big difference. Not on about wing backs just bring grant in a more central role

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    Im not saying tinker or change things just we are light up front and short of pace wide and 2 positional changes could make a big difference. Not on about wing backs just bring grant in a more central role
    If we start playing Jones again, and he starts bombing up the wing, then Grant will naturally cut inside to the corner of the box which is where he looks dangermouse ....for some strange reason we have started Dicko for the last month.....is Jones still sick, or one of those caught back~chatting?.....Aless is not a natural winger and I have cut the heads off several chickens for lunch, that have had more post~capitating directional ability than Hawk~who~spins~in~Circles

.....and you are correct about our lack of pace up front....we are crying out for BigusAlus to sneak in a cheeky 100k bid for Akinde, who will soon be touting his wares around Division 5....Barnet would be there already if we had not gifted them 3 points and we could have bought him for 50k and a bag of pork scratchings

Disclaimer....the Pork comment was in no way meant to be offensive to our multi~cultural viewers....if offended, please substitute for "bagful of Ayatollah memorabilia"
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 19-03-2018 at 12:07 AM.

I thought the same a while back, but actually I think he can be really effective cutting in from the left if given enough of the ball. Just think how many chances he creates or has himself - far more than most wide players. It works best with Jones overlapping, and usually at home in the second half when the game opens up a bit.

It would be interesting to see him behind a striker, or in the midfield in a 3-5-2, but if I were Nolan I would avoid any kind of experimentation at this stage.

I would love to see a proper winger at the club as we don't currently have one. Hawkridge is lightweight and not particularly quick, so almost never beats his man. Allesandra is neither a natural winger nor a striker, so a bit of a mystery really. Both can be good on their day, but neither has performed well enough to secure a place.

Oh to have chedozie on the right and dave smith on the left pure out and out wingers both brilliant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast