+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncle Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Mike if the club listened to us on here including me we would be up **** creek ��
    That is very true Yak, and in the case of gwru, without so much as a paddle.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Yet for a club of a stadium of just 12,000 we've managed to spend 3 years in the Championship and may be heading back there again. Seems some madsters don't know how good they have it.
    Exactly.

Spot on

[QUOTE=mikemiller;38821374]Appointment of managers and coaches, scouting system, handling of players contracts, catering , for example, have all been the subject of criticism from many Millersmadsters I admit that the approach will sometimes throw up a good decision though - eg Warney has proved to be a good manager for League 1 level.[/QUOTE

Sound System.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Yet for a club of a stadium of just 12,000 we've managed to spend 3 years in the Championship and may be heading back there again. Seems some madsters don't know how good they have it.
    Some remember how bad we've had it. The new generation of fans I hope never see the lows we have.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Some remember how bad we've had it. The new generation of fans I hope never see the lows we have.
    They are sure to, given time

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    But it doesnt mean I or anybody else has to like the way he goes about it.
    Not sure what you mean by that. Care to eloborate?

The majority of fans in footy cant stand him of course and obviously we play on the Colin W*ker thing a lot!!. Although not surprisingly, those of us who say this support clubs hes never managed at. (he did play for us in about 1976-77 though)
    Cardiff for example set their stall out for a result and they kick and whinge and waste time and he plays the ref everytime for as much as he knows he can get out of them, and they are going up to the Premship because of it. It absolutely sucks.

Perhaps that's because he generally gets one over on the opposition either on the pitch or off it.
    Seems like your club has something in common with washday fc in the dislike dept.
    When we visited hillsb he kindly waited on the bus to take all the flak from our feathered foes who were vehemently dishing it out to the team bus. Meanwhile our players slipped into the dressing room unnoticed, stress free and prepared themselves for our usual victory in S6. What a true Gent for doing that....and yes we won again.

Love him or loathe he's actually a world class motivator and i don't use that term lightly.
    40+ seasons and I've never seen a transformation like it. Three games into his tenure and we went from thinking we'd lose to everyone to believing we could beat anyone....and we did beat everyone for quite a few matches

Bit silly to say that kicking, whingeing and time wasting is getting them to the Premiership. If that's all that was needed Doncaster Rovers would be there.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast