+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncle Colin

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I'm not sure that RUFC ever accepted a "handshake" deal with Colin.

I believe they would have jumped at the chance to sign a contract. He wanted to wait to see if anything better cropped up. I don't blame him for that at all. Probably his last job in management he wanted the best possible.

TS's dilemma was whether to wait or to say no and look for a new manager. He obviously believed that NW was the best we were likely to get so he hung on as long as possible.

Personally I think he should have said no
    And 3 managers later we've started winning games again. All other managers have been on good long term contract apart from the bloke who turned it round. Funny old game.

Well done Warnock, Promotion might just be yours

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    So Cardiff City FC weren't prepared to just accept a handshake on the deal? ... what is the football world coming to?!?! (LOL)

RUFC has got to grow out of this amateurish "jumpers down for goalposts" type approach to just about everything, with the possible exception of the building of the NY stadium
    Just about everything?

So what’s the facts on that then ?

The bloke is a vile loathsome character and everybody knows what awful tactics he uses in order to win matches. This includes playing the refs and whingeing about any of the opposition who dare to make a challenge. That would be fine if he didnt have a history of his own players dishing it out much much worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Just about everything?

So what’s the facts on that then ?
    Appointment of managers and coaches, scouting system, handling of players contracts, catering , for example, have all been the subject of criticism from many Millersmadsters I admit that the approach will sometimes throw up a good decision though - eg Warney has proved to be a good manager for League 1 level.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 07-03-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Mike if the club listened to us on here including me we would be up **** creek 😊

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    And he hasn't asked them to hang on to see if he gets a better offer.
    Or perhaps he did and they said no.
    Unlike our chairman who dithered and dallied.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    The bloke is a vile loathsome character and everybody knows what awful tactics he uses in order to win matches. This includes playing the refs and whingeing about any of the opposition who dare to make a challenge. That would be fine if he didnt have a history of his own players dishing it out much much worse than that.
    Sorry that just sounds like sour grapes.
    Uncle Colin was great for us and achieved the seemingly impossible.
    I really hope Cardiff go up as champions and rub cheating, moneybags Wolves noses in it

Theres no doubting his surprisingly good managerial record and thats why he heeps getting hired of course. He took Cardiff up from near the bottom last season and now they are favourites to go up, I cant argue with that.
    But it doesnt mean I or anybody else has to like the way he goes about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Appointment of managers and coaches, scouting system, handling of players contracts, catering , for example, have all been the subject of criticism from many Millersmadsters
    Yet for a club of a stadium of just 12,000 we've managed to spend 3 years in the Championship and may be heading back there again. Seems some madsters don't know how good they have it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast