Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictions: Brian Clough Trophy Match 11.03.2018

Predictions: Brian Clough Trophy Match 11.03.2018

This will be the 23rd BC Trophy Match. Derby have won it outright 11x. Forest 6x. With 5 draws also going Derby's way as the holders, so a total win of 16-6.

With automatic promotion surely beyond them, Derby's primary focus in the last 10 games is to retain a play-off place. 4 points separate them from 7th and 8th places, a further 6 to Sheff Utd (game in hand).
    For sure Derby are due a win and the best possible way to reignite their season is by winning at their rivals.
    Forest have all but guaranteed safety and mid-table is where they'll finish. Unbeaten in 5 and this the one game, they'll hope to put in a performance for their long suffering fans.

Lee Tomlin could be the man to decide this fixture, he sat out the goalless draw against Norwich, but should be back against Derby. A tough match to call, with red cards and penalties figuring prominently. Will both teams finish with 11 men? A fiery encounter is likely given Derby's need for points and Forest's determination to stop them.

A caveat for this week's predictions: Derby fans can only predict victory or draw. The correct score winner gets ' a grand tour of Essexred's work place.' However should Forest win, expect Essexred to be on here like a rash. And without sanction.

This will be the 101st fixture between the clubs in major competitions. Forest hold a 39-38 lead on wins with 23 draws. Overall this is the 126th fixture between the clubs, Derby leads 50-46 with 29 draws.

1-1

No confidence whatsoever and tbh I could care less, not even a little nervous about this game, if forest win we just get out the playoff places a little quicker that's all. it says something when fans are no longer bothered about the big one, such is our current pathetic meltdown again.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    1-1

No confidence whatsoever and tbh I could care less, not even a little nervous about this game, if forest win we just get out the playoff places a little quicker that's all. it says something when fans are no longer bothered about the big one, such is our current pathetic meltdown again.
    I don't think you'll be out of the play-offs, just yet. 4 points. Still overall I think you'll still finish in the top 6. Bristol City is the team you need to beat.

Not predicting a score but I have one of those 'comeback from a position of adversity' feelings coming on, maybe after Johnson gets sent off for lamping one of yours (sorry I don't know any names) and we go one down. Much as I love your presence round here Rom I do NOT like Forest at all and can't countenance anything but a victory for the Rams.

This fixture is overdue a draw.

1-1

As much as I want Derby to make the playoffs or promotion, I want the BC Trophy back in Nottingham and a draw won't see that occur, so it has to be a home win. 2-1 Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    As much as I want Derby to make the playoffs or promotion, I want the BC Trophy back in Nottingham and a draw won't see that occur, so it has to be a home win. 2-1 Forest
    Rom...you’re a Forest fan who’s discovered a ‘soft spot’ for Derby, you don’t need to make excuses.
    Can’t pretend I’m not bothered, I am but the momentum is temporarily with you lot and I anticipate an embarrassing defeat and at least one red card.

Well the one thing in your favour is that we have only won once at home since Karanka took over. And you seem to play better away.
    A draw looks the obvious given both club's recent form.

1-2. End their 5 game unbeaten run.

I reckon our recent blistering form will come to a end with 2-2 draw

Quote Originally Posted by lewyman633 View Post
    I reckon our recent blistering form will come to a end with 2-2 draw
    Agree with 2-2. For those that like a flutter both teams to score is a shoe in I reckon.

Now that's an interesting one rA, who do we want to have the red card??? I go for Johnson, 2 games out sounds ok to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Now that's an interesting one rA, who do we want to have the red card??? I go for Johnson, 2 games out sounds ok to me!!
    I've already fingered Johnson for the 'crime'. Just collateral damage if it comes to pass

Conundrum for Carson....he gathers the ball in his area does he..
    A) hump the ball downfield and hope by some miracle the wind blows it into the net , or
    give it to Johnson????

Answers to GR!!

DCFC have released a special video on Twitter for the Derby.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFFCvDCFC?src=hash

Bad defeat red card for BJ Rowett will keep his job

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Bad defeat red card for BJ Rowett will keep his job
    The BJ red is gaining momentum I may visit bet 365 this eve

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Bad defeat and BJ from Rowett will keep his job
    ... if Mel feels generous spirited. I fear we will continue to downward drift and suffer a humiliation at the cowshed. That said a 1-0 would be a humiliation. So it (the season) begins with a blessing, but it ends with a curse: making life easy but making it worse. Why why why are we sleeping?

If you remember the season didn't exactly start with a blessing. Rush is no longer here so Rowett will keep his job

If we canít beat this shower of Shyte we have real problems! 1-3 Rams

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast