+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictions: Brian Clough Trophy Match 11.03.2018

Predictions: Brian Clough Trophy Match 11.03.2018

This will be the 23rd BC Trophy Match. Derby have won it outright 11x. Forest 6x. With 5 draws also going Derby's way as the holders, so a total win of 16-6.

With automatic promotion surely beyond them, Derby's primary focus in the last 10 games is to retain a play-off place. 4 points separate them from 7th and 8th places, a further 6 to Sheff Utd (game in hand).
    For sure Derby are due a win and the best possible way to reignite their season is by winning at their rivals.
    Forest have all but guaranteed safety and mid-table is where they'll finish. Unbeaten in 5 and this the one game, they'll hope to put in a performance for their long suffering fans.

Lee Tomlin could be the man to decide this fixture, he sat out the goalless draw against Norwich, but should be back against Derby. A tough match to call, with red cards and penalties figuring prominently. Will both teams finish with 11 men? A fiery encounter is likely given Derby's need for points and Forest's determination to stop them.

A caveat for this week's predictions: Derby fans can only predict victory or draw. The correct score winner gets ' a grand tour of Es***red's work place.' However should Forest win, expect Es***red to be on here like a rash. And without sanction.

This will be the 101st fixture between the clubs in major competitions. Forest hold a 39-38 lead on wins with 23 draws. Overall this is the 126th fixture between the clubs, Derby leads 50-46 with 29 draws.

1-1

No confidence whatsoever and tbh I could care less, not even a little nervous about this game, if forest win we just get out the playoff places a little quicker that's all. it says something when fans are no longer bothered about the big one, such is our current pathetic meltdown again.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    1-1

No confidence whatsoever and tbh I could care less, not even a little nervous about this game, if forest win we just get out the playoff places a little quicker that's all. it says something when fans are no longer bothered about the big one, such is our current pathetic meltdown again.
    I don't think you'll be out of the play-offs, just yet. 4 points. Still overall I think you'll still finish in the top 6. Bristol City is the team you need to beat.

Not predicting a score but I have one of those 'comeback from a position of adversity' feelings coming on, maybe after Johnson gets sent off for lamping one of yours (sorry I don't know any names) and we go one down. Much as I love your presence round here Rom I do NOT like Forest at all and can't countenance anything but a victory for the Rams.

This fixture is overdue a draw.

1-1

As much as I want Derby to make the playoffs or promotion, I want the BC Trophy back in Nottingham and a draw won't see that occur, so it has to be a home win. 2-1 Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    As much as I want Derby to make the playoffs or promotion, I want the BC Trophy back in Nottingham and a draw won't see that occur, so it has to be a home win. 2-1 Forest
    Rom...you’re a Forest fan who’s discovered a ‘soft spot’ for Derby, you don’t need to make excuses.
    Can’t pretend I’m not bothered, I am but the momentum is temporarily with you lot and I anticipate an embarrassing defeat and at least one red card.

Well the one thing in your favour is that we have only won once at home since Karanka took over. And you seem to play better away.
    A draw looks the obvious given both club's recent form.

1-2. End their 5 game unbeaten run.

I reckon our recent blistering form will come to a end with 2-2 draw

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)