+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hee hee hee

Hee hee hee

Hot on the heels of the Arsenal fan actually crying on the radio because they're so ;bad' (FA Cups, Champions League, etc) I've just listened to a Spurs fan saying if they don't win the FA Cup this season the Pochettino should be sacked.

What a bunch of tw@ts. They genuinely have no idea, do they.

Sakes.

Let them have a season of what we've been through in recent years.

Then let them whinge.

If you think about it, supporters of teams like that arenīt used to crushing disappointment - something which is bread and butter for a Toon fan.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    If you think about it, supporters of teams like that arenīt used to crushing disappointment - something which is bread and butter for a Toon fan.
    And then, if you think about it, some fans on here would take Pardew over Rafa in a heartbeat! 'Tis strange times.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    And then, if you think about it, some fans on here would take Pardew over Rafa in a heartbeat! 'Tis strange times.
    I'd take almost anyone who can give me football, over Rafa so it's not really a hard decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I'd take almost anyone who can give me football, over Rafa so it's not really a hard decision.
    Football is a results business first and foremost. The only thing we need to worry about this season is survival.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Football is a results business first and foremost. The only thing we need to worry about this season is survival.
    I disagree about worrying about survival by playing sickening dire football.
    I want football enjoyment by a manager and squad that are geared to having a go for 90 minutes plus, even if that game is end to end or we get tonked in a few games, because we'd likely toink a few ourselves and have something to talk about.

What have we to talk about now except for dismal football and arguments over players and manager plus owner, etc.

And yeah, of course football is a results business but you can get results by being balanced and rarely get them by being too cautious and dire.
    Our league position tells you that Rafa isn't playing any results business. He's playing some kind of sick game.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    our league position tells you that rafa isn't playing any results business. He's playing some kind of sick game.

"Rafas playing some kind of sick game" just what do you think Rafas trying to do then? cant wait for your response.

You must watch a different game to me ghost.I see players that are genuinely putting in 100% in terms of effort, and skills. The problem our squad has is its just not got the quality, they are what they are and Rafa is doing well to keep us afloat, if only just, with the talent at his disposal. I wouldn't say the football is "dismal" as you say, and there will always be arguments over players and managers, thats not gonna go away. Personally I would prefer not to have the gung ho attitude, attack at all costs, if it meant staying up. Next season then that could be a whole lot different, BUT we must stay up, and the manager has to adapt his gameplan, and tactics to ensure that, if we go down then he will have failed, and the owner will have failed in his responsibilities also, whether you agree with that or not. Lets hope we can produce the Man utd performance against Southampton and get the 3 points.HWTL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)