+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 4 2 3 1

4 2 3 1

had a rethink and i think this set up would suit us moore baldock wright stearman o connell in back 4 evans and fleck as the 2 then brooks duffy and holmes with leon up front think it would give us a bit more flexability and unpredictability as well utb ftp

So you think overlapping CB's have had their day?

no chips just think its just a bit predictable now and i think we need a tweak in tactics which might just spark us back to life a bit doubt chris will change anyway but that line up i posted could be very interesting imo in any case no way am i critisising the best manager weve had in years utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    had a rethink and i think this set up would suit us moore baldock wright stearman o connell in back 4 evans and fleck as the 2 then brooks duffy and holmes with leon up front think it would give us a bit more flexability and unpredictability as well utb ftp
    I also think we need a change of system. It is not really about what system but more a system that allows what little creative players we have to thrive while still keeping solid at the back and midfield.

I would go with a back four of

Baldock O'Connell Stearman Freeman (i know he is injured but not far off now and he has played left back)

Basham (or Lunny) Fleck (protecting the back 4 and ball winning in midfield)

Brooks Duffy Holmes (our creative 3 in midfield and linking with a lone striker)

Clarke or Sharp up front

If we can get Duffy, Brooks and Holmes firing it could create a lot of problems for any opposition team.

so we all agree that Stevens is pony and is one of many that need selling if we are going to progress? I'm happy with that.

We should be raiding clubs well above their station like Bristol City for Aiden Flint...who do they think they are spending money and getting quality players. Disgusting!

brooks duffy and holmes are the 3 i would like to see on the pitch at the same time in any sort of system but with 2 holding midfielders in behind i think it could work especially away from home but even in home games its just a bit more flexible