+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Russia--did you know?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Yep. We are on the same page here BT.
    It's the hypocrisy that kills me 1959-60...

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ria-difference

Yes BT, I largely agree.

I don't think it will come as a bombshell to explain that we have covert hit squads whose job it is to take action, including liquidating, foreign targets. These hit squads are technically working independently, but they are doing the bidding of our Government, or another State that our Government supports.

I am scratching my head over the Salisbury attack though. Using the nerve agent, it seems as though Russia WANTED to be found out. I am certain that they have taken out many targets in the past, which although considered "suspicious", could not be traced back to Russia.
    Perhaps it was done in order to make Putin look more powerful...possibly in the run up to the election? But that doesn't stack up because he was certain to win the election anyway...

Once you become a traitor to your country, whichever country, you can expect the unexpected.

At last

Inspectors from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) are arriving in the U.K. to assess samples of the nerve agent used in the attack against former Russian double-agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter earlier this month.
    The OPCW team will study the substance at the military research facility Porton Down, which is located just outside the city of Salisbury, where the attack took place.

The team will also meet with detectives leading the investigation into the poisoning attack.
    The British government invited the delegation from the Hague, where the monitoring body is based, to carry out an independent study to identify the substance used in the attack.

Look forward to hearing their assessment to bring sense to this debate, though some will no doubt be unbelievers.

I remember all too well their intervention and analysis of WMD in Iraq.

That did not end well either.

Perhaps they could just keep on flying and visit Syria where real chemical weapons are being deployed by the international brigade of interventionalists against the defenceless Syrian civilians who are opposed to Assad?

"I remember all too well their intervention and analysis of WMD in Iraq

That did not end well either........"

I heard that they are still looking, however, they did miss a trick because they never asked Tony Blair where they were and he convinced a whole country that they existed just so he could justify an invasion.
    Nothing changes and we are all just pawns in the big game being played by some of those who hold the power.

It is all brought home again today on the 25th Anniversary of the death of Tim Parry in Warrington. The bigger pircture is the Good Friday Agreement ---meanwhile servicemen who did their calling for the Government during 'the troubles' are being pursued for supposed wrong doing ---what a sick joke that is!

It is still a fact that when the elephants fight the grass gets trampled --very sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's the hypocrisy that kills me 1959-60...
    I love the hypocrisy and double-standards on the hard Left, that won't contemplate any misdeeds by Russia on UK soil, but is happy to accept every story they read about Russian involvement in Syria, children bombed and killed, hospitals and schools deliberately targeted, an evil monster, who targets his own people with chemical weapons, given unequivocal support. The fact that the reports emanate largely from journos based in Beirut, a long way away from the war zones, they daren't actually travel to the war zones occupied by the 'rebels' who would separate their heads from their bodies quicker than they could blink, doesn't seem to matter, they swallow it whole and are eager for more.

I do wish lefties would make their minds up about Russia, a benign, innocent state being 'set up' by a duplicitous Tory government, or the embodiment of evil deliberately causing a catastrophic humananitarian crisis in Syria. But as ever, the left can't make it's mind up, it doesn't know it's arse from it's elbow.

I don't for one moment think that anything that involves Putin is either benign or selfless.

London is awash with Russian dirty money, the Tory Party are part funded by Russian oligarchs and yet Blowjob Johnson is still beating his chest.

That's the sort of hypocrisy I mean.

I am scratching my head over the Salisbury attack though. Using the nerve agent, it seems as though Russia WANTED to be found out. I am certain that they have taken out many targets in the past, which although considered "suspicious", could not be traced back to Russia.
    Perhaps it was done in order to make Putin look more powerful...possibly in the run up to the election? But that doesn't stack up because he was certain to win the election anyway...

59/60 I think you're right, Russia did want to be found out. Imo the only reason they did it was because they could, and they wanted us to know that they could. We have adopted a very aggressive, belligerent stance towards Russia over the last few years, I suggest they're simply making the point that such a stance has consequences. I would hope the numpties in charge take note, because if we persist in playing silly buggers with Putin, there will only be one winner, and it won't be us. He is prepared to play far nastier than we in this country ever could.

It's a bit like Dave Thomas taking on Tommy Smith in a 50-50 challenge.

There really only can be one winner and it won't be Blowjob Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's a bit like Dave Thomas taking on Tommy Smith in a 50-50 challenge.

There really only can be one winner and it won't be Blowjob Johnson.
    It may surprise you comrade, but on the subject of Russia and Putin I am far closer to Jeremy's position, than to the futile posturing and sabre-rattling by the muppets that pass for HM government. You can't really blame the Russians for treating us with contempt can you ?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)