+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thurnscoe lad

Thurnscoe lad

Billy Whitehurst who played for Newcastle and the Blades, who Alan Hansen said was the hardest player he has ever had to play against, was also, I have just read, a landlord in pub in the Rotherham area.

Anyone know the Rotherham pubs where Billy was landlord?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Billy Whitehurst who played for Newcastle and the Blades, who Alan Hansen said was the hardest player he has ever had to play against, was also, I have just read, a landlord in pub in the Rotherham area.

Anyone know the Rotherham pubs where Billy was landlord?
    I seem to recall he had a pub near bramall lane but could be wrong..other than that kempo, dont know about a pub in rotherham..

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    I seem to recall he had a pub near bramall lane but could be wrong..other than that kempo, dont know about a pub in rotherham..
    This clip seems to suggest, he did have a pub in Rotherham.

https://youtu.be/1f5fTt7g0kk

Did you know that Thurnscoe is an anagram of Horse C*nt?

Thurncoe does have a Rotherham postal code maybe he was confused?

He did run the Butcher's Arms in Thurnscoe which was as rough as arseholes.

Another video on YouTube: "You play to your strengths and my strength was elbowing people".

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Thurncoe does have a Rotherham postal code maybe he was confused?

He did run the Butcher's Arms in Thurnscoe which was as rough as arseholes.
    He did indeed , he's a main face in the big money pool games on the local scene these days .

Saw him a year or two back at one of these matches in Barnsley where I had a few quid invested .

He's a bit of a bell end to be honest , not a nice bloke at all .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    He did indeed , he's a main face in the big money pool games on the local scene these days .

Saw him a year or two back at one of these matches in Barnsley where I had a few quid invested .

He's a bit of a bell end to be honest , not a nice bloke at all .
    Yes he's not very popular in Thurnscoe I don't think.

And as for "hardest man in football", maybe in his day, but he was only 13 stone, Akinfenwa could snap him in half.

Akinfenwa reminds me of Mr. T

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    I used to see Billy a lot at Askern greyhound track,i used to run a few decent greyhounds there at one time,and Billy once came up to me,and asked if i fancied one of our dogs in a particular race,i told him yes definitely,i saw him have £100 on it a 5/2,i can tell you i was ****ting myself waiting for the traps to open,anyway my dog obliged,and he came back up to me and said thanks for the bet and had a huge grin on his face,and gave me a few quid for giving him the info,i can tell you this he looks as hard as nails,but i got on ok with him.