+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Partick Roll Call And Sh@t

ONE fkn shot on target the whole game and TWO fkn corners says it all really

Very poor and once again the midfield were posted missing.

I'll stick my head on the block here and say that Ball was our best player yesterday and deserves to start against Killie midweek.

Just a pathetic performance and I have to question again what Stevie May brings to Aberdeen. He's not a lone striker but on that performance he's not even fit to wear the jersey.

Just lethargic and spineless, midfield has zero grit or determination. Christie was pee poor, Shinnie was again off telhe boil and we were guff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    McInnes was "very happy" with the performance?

A team very much less than the sum of its parts. Roll on Tuesday, maybe they're saving up for a good performance.
    There was nothing to be happy about in that performance, McInnes is losing the plot if he really thinks that !!!

Most of the players couldn't even do the simple stuff like control the ball, thought Ball played well and he did do the simple things well yesterday and on that performance he should start on Tuesday.
    Shinnie was poor and nothing went for him, get him back to left back.
    What has happened to Christie, he was utterly hopeless and should have been the first player to be subbed.
    Doesn't matter who we had up front yesterday as the aimless punts are no good for May/Rooney or whoever is tasked with leading the line.

The decline continues and the season rests on getting a result on Tuesday !!!

Quote Originally Posted by GlezgaRed View Post
    What has happened to Christie, he was utterly hopeless !
    100% agree and to be honest he has been utterly hopeless and posted missing in the last 5 or 6 games he has played now maybe more. It's time for us to start playing our BEST 11 and not playing a player because we feel obliged to play him because he is on loan from a "bigger club"
    Woodman and Christie should both be on the bench for what is now most certainly got the potential to be a season ending game.
    Would like to see this starting line up on Tuesday night:

Rodgers
    Ball
    Arnason
    Mckenna
    Considine
    McLean
    Shinnie
    McGinn
    Stewart
    GMS
    Rooney

Havn't seen the Partick debacle but I did watch a fair bit of the Hibs Hearts game. Hibs three amigos in midfield played some lovely one touch football, linking up with the forwards and also providing a real goal threat. Our midfield has been sh@te for years. Until we get a balanced midfield worthy of the name we will never progress or win trophy's.

bit late with this, but a wee bit knackered yesterday to bother with it !

So, miserable wet day in Glasgow. My first time at Firhill . surprisingly , given I`ve had about 40 yrs to get there !

Fine change spending a day in Glasgow for th football and being comfortable mingling with the Home support I must say.

So, McInnes changes it around again. Sets up a team to stop Partick playing with Ball as a defensive midfielder , and pushes the Norwich loanee further up the park. While dropping one of wingers to keep Christie in the side , playing out of his best position wide left. Not a good start.
    Amazingly ( for Deek, but nobody else ) no-one in our team seems to know where each other is , on the park. Christie is out of sorts, May runs about trying to make space for a pass. Which never comes, as everybody else is used to dinking it out to the wings , for our fantastic wingers,...who, oh aye they`re not there. Well, Mcginn is , sort of......

Ball , as he isn`t normally in the team and ence has no expactation of what he is meant to be doing , decides to just try and play football. He does ok at that, and as nobody else in the team seems to have a scooby , it makes him look like the best player in our team. So , he does ok. Better than AOC it would appear. Fair play, McKenna plays well. Wins all the headers, and eventually decides to try taking the ball up the park and actually passing it to another Dons player. Probably being fed up with it being lumped up the field just to be headed back his way by Partick.
    Half Time. A brief respite from the tedium. Partick have played their usual tidy passing game that gets nowhere. Dons, well, have not even tried that.
    Secondhalf. Ach, it didn`t get any better. Deek finally makes a change. He takes Ball off. Proibably for trying to play football as opposed to " sticking to the plan" ( Plan ???!! ) Christie stays stuck out wide. Then Mcginn is moved from the Left wing to the right. Then taken off for last 10 minutes. And that great rightwinger Stewart is put on out there. ( As the Stand screams for Christie to be removed !! )

Well that was it. ) - ). And the Partick massive are celebrating a ni l nil draw. Made their day. Good luck to them !!

Thats it really. So on to Killie on Tuesday,..............Lets hope we try playing 2 wingers ON THE wINGS and Rooney waiting for it in the 6 yard area,........don`t hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    bit late with this, but a wee bit knackered yesterday to bother with it !

So, miserable wet day in Glasgow. My first time at Firhill . surprisingly , given I`ve had about 40 yrs to get there !

Fine change spending a day in Glasgow for th football and being comfortable mingling with the Home support I must say.

So, McInnes changes it around again. Sets up a team to stop Partick playing with Ball as a defensive midfielder , and pushes the Norwich loanee further up the park. While dropping one of wingers to keep Christie in the side , playing out of his best position wide left. Not a good start.
    Amazingly ( for Deek, but nobody else ) no-one in our team seems to know where each other is , on the park. Christie is out of sorts, May runs about trying to make space for a pass. Which never comes, as everybody else is used to dinking it out to the wings , for our fantastic wingers,...who, oh aye they`re not there. Well, Mcginn is , sort of......

Ball , as he isn`t normally in the team and ence has no expactation of what he is meant to be doing , decides to just try and play football. He does ok at that, and as nobody else in the team seems to have a scooby , it makes him look like the best player in our team. So , he does ok. Better than AOC it would appear. Fair play, McKenna plays well. Wins all the headers, and eventually decides to try taking the ball up the park and actually passing it to another Dons player. Probably being fed up with it being lumped up the field just to be headed back his way by Partick.
    Half Time. A brief respite from the tedium. Partick have played their usual tidy passing game that gets nowhere. Dons, well, have not even tried that.
    Secondhalf. Ach, it didn`t get any better. Deek finally makes a change. He takes Ball off. Proibably for trying to play football as opposed to " sticking to the plan" ( Plan ???!! ) Christie stays stuck out wide. Then Mcginn is moved from the Left wing to the right. Then taken off for last 10 minutes. And that great rightwinger Stewart is put on out there. ( As the Stand screams for Christie to be removed !! )

Well that was it. ) - ). And the Partick massive are celebrating a ni l nil draw. Made their day. Good luck to them !!

Thats it really. So on to Killie on Tuesday,..............Lets hope we try playing 2 wingers ON THE wINGS and Rooney waiting for it in the 6 yard area,........don`t hold your breath.
    I wonder why McInnes set up a team to stop Partick Thistle from playing...you would think it would be the other way round.

Pretty accurate summing up neilthedon. Hope you got safely back down to Leeds. I have virtually no memory of the woody after singing at the karaoke. See you at Killie on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Pretty accurate summing up neilthedon. Hope you got safely back down to Leeds. I have virtually no memory of the woody after singing at the karaoke. See you at Killie on Tuesday.
    Aye Min , " singing " is a pretty loose term for it !!

Mind the Lass in the tight top singing a Cher song ? You were her no 1 fan .

Around 11.30 you staggered up to the bar and mumbled " Aye that`s me offski" and weaved out the door. So looks like you made it home alright .

See you on Tuesday,..........( We go again, COYR and all that . clappy Clappy )

Well, got to be careful , eh ?

Interesting talking with the Thistle fans after the game. quote from one bloke sporting some Club official tag round his neck " Then you brought Rooney on , and we all thought , OhOh here we go. They`ll score now." " And they indicated an extra two minutes. That`s it Aberdeen will punish us for not scoring in those two minutes. "

My reply " Ach they punished us for all 92 minutes pal !! "

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast