+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Guaranteeing Public safety - who do you think your kidding?

There’s a definite tendency on both political extremes to absolve Putin of his crimes, often flying in the face of all the evidence, which is why I suspect Tony is talking in those ridiculous riddles.

There’s still a possibility that the Salisbury incident could be a stitch up, deliberately made to look like there’s Russian involvement, what’s laughable is the UK government’s attempts to talk tough in the event Russian involvement is proved.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 10-03-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Which god would that be, sidders?
    Tony's God, of course. He's a Christian, didn't you know.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    There’s a definite tendency on both political extremes to absolve Putin of his crimes, often flying in the face of all the evidence, which is why I suspect Tony is talking in those ridiculous riddles.

There’s still a possibility that the Salisbury incident could be a stitch up, deliberately made to look like there’s Russian involvement, what’s laughable is the UK government’s attempts to talk tough in the event Russian involvement is proved.
    Yes I agree with that, the right loves him because he's a poster boy for authoritarian conservatism, the left love him because he's an antidote to the US hegemony. I suspect neither group would particularly enjoy living under his rule.

Agree with your second point too.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    The expulsion of a few Russians with Twitter accounts who they could not even charge and had about as much influence on the US election as I did
    I take it you haven't read the indictment then.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I take it you haven't read the indictment then.
    Yes, I have. It's laughable. As I said, it had about as much influence on the US election result as my Facebook posts did. If you want my opinion, Putin would have been happier if Clinton got in. The wheels were already well greased with her. See what news breaks over the coming months with regard to the election and Clinton's connections with Russia.

Yes, I have. It's laughable. As I said, it had about as much influence on the US election result as my Facebook posts did. If you want my opinion, Putin would have been happier if Clinton got in. The wheels were already well greased with her. See what news breaks over the coming months with regard to the election and Clinton's connections with Russia.
    The indictment didn't seem laughable to me, I thought it seemed perfectly plausible. What kind of evidence would you have been satisfied with?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    The indictment didn't seem laughable to me, I thought it seemed perfectly plausible. What kind of evidence would you have been satisfied with?
    Come on driller, the amount of money, time and resources spent and all they can come up with out of desperation is allegations against a few Patsys who clearly had no influence on the election or its result. It was a complete embarrassment. Hopefully the Nunes memo will be made public and the WHOLE truth about this investigation will be revealed.

... as a major contribution to this topic and for the avoidance of any doubt the following remain, as before ...
    Snobhead 1 ... not so elite
    Snobhead 2 ... el sid
    Snobhead 3 ... the driller

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Tony's God, of course. He's a Christian, didn't you know.
    Would you be brave enough to belittle Tony's faith if he was a Muslim ?
    Last edited by navypie; 10-03-2018 at 08:59 PM.

I thought the memo had been released but I might be wrong, I haven't checked. These people are alleged to have campaigned for one side (or rather against one side) via social media and the data from social media companies shows they reached an enormous amount of people.

I don't know why you take Russian denials at face value. They blamed anti-Russian propaganda for the allegations of systematic doping of Russian athletes and then said' yeah Ok actually we did cheat, if we promise to stop can we come to the Olympics? '

They denied having Russian soldiers invade mainland Ukraine then when a load of them got captured Putin said with a smirk that they were on holiday there.

Yes, retain a healthy scepticism about what our government tells us, but to blindly take Putin's word for anything is a mistake in my view.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast