+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Misery for Moyes...

The only thing which concerns me about the game against the Hammers is ------history!!
    I would love a win, however, will settle for a draw with themgetting another dodgy goal at some stage in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Sinkov don’t go soft we want to finish in the top 6 and if we do there’s a good chance we go into the Europa league group stages. We don’t want to be 7th and have our preseason ruined with unattractive qualifying games in unattractive places. If we get group games they will be attractive and we can let the development squad loose get more TV income and global awareness.
    So let’s stuff them and the rest and see where we end up. Arsenal played well though last night so it may not be easy but we have a 6 pointer with them to come.
    I'm not being soft OC, the problem with the Europa is not just the games, it's the travelling as well, especially pre-season when we need to be working down Gawthorpe five days a week, we can forget training and bedding in new players on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and that imo is crucial to our continuing success. We can't compete on wages and quality of players, but what we lack in that respect Sean makes up for down Gawthorpe, take three days out of the five pre-season away from him and we'll be in trouble, I have no doubt about it.
    Look at Everton, Koeman spent a fortune last summer, brought in 9/10 new players but couldn't work with them pre-season, couldn't bed them in, as they were jetting all over Europe instead of being on the training ground. It was a disaster for them, it will be for us. So perversely I think we need to lose a few now to better ensure success next season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)