+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rovers fan in peace

Rovers fan in peace

How do Millers!
    Blimey your on a great run at the moment. Personally for quite a while I have been saying you are a real danger, well before you went and beat Shrewsbury. I still think you will overtake them.
    What are you all thinking? Its going to be very tight with us, you and Wigan. Had we beat them last Sunday, I'd have fancied us for the title. Now it will be very close. They have games in hand, but they still need to play Sat-Tues-Sat and win the majority. I still think that cup run will catch up with them.
    You still have to play them aswell am I right? That will be key for everyone.
    Good luck for the final push, you've done well pushing us so far. I really wouldn't want to be playing you in the playoffs.

I don't think we'll do it automatically, the 3 at the top are too strong this season to break into it. Maybe if we hadn't had the dodgy run that we did mid-season that saw us dropped to 13th then we would've. We have a tricky run of games coming up too, Wigan, Charlton, Southend and Plymouth are all approaching. My heart says we can see the season through unbeaten, the teams confidence and fitness is so high we are unbeatable at the minute, but my head says we will lose against Wigan, Plymouth and Gills away- which nobody will fancy on a Tuesday night. We would also need a lot of luck from another team above us to go through a dip in form

I think you will win the league then Wigan finish 2nd. No disrespect to Shrewsbury, but you 2 have the better teams than them, even the best 2 in the league I would say. I also think that if Shrewsbury don't go up automatically I don't think they will do it at all. Ironically, you say you don't want us in the play-offs, I think your the only team in them that we wouldn't stand a chance of beating.

I don't even know if we're strong enough to go up through the play-offs yet, I personally would like a second season in this league then push for automatics

I actually think that Wigan are strong enough to go through their game in hands and win the majority of them, unlike Rochdale which I think their game in hands will be the reason they get relegated. I really hope I'm wrong and we can go up automatics because I don't think my heart can take the play-offs again. I don't think we're quite ready for the Championship again, but saying that the standards at the bottom half of the table this season seems abysmal, shame we couldn't all hang on for one more season

Good luck to you too, I think you'll go up automatic no problem. I think you are good enough to stay in the Championship too which I can't say the same for Wigan, Shrews or us

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    How do Millers!
    Blimey your on a great run at the moment. Personally for quite a while I have been saying you are a real danger, well before you went and beat Shrewsbury. I still think you will overtake them.
    What are you all thinking? Its going to be very tight with us, you and Wigan. Had we beat them last Sunday, I'd have fancied us for the title. Now it will be very close. They have games in hand, but they still need to play Sat-Tues-Sat and win the majority. I still think that cup run will catch up with them.
    You still have to play them aswell am I right? That will be key for everyone.
    Good luck for the final push, you've done well pushing us so far. I really wouldn't want to be playing you in the playoffs.
    Hi Champs95,

For us its about momentum, no not the Corbyn thing but the amount of time we can keep the run going. For us to get auto I would think we need to keep winning just to keep the pressure on you and the other two. At the moment there's a gap and its about us trying to close it. Draws aren't enough for us and to be fair we don't do many. Pressure does strange things and the ones at the front start getting nervous when pushed. In additions there's injuries and suspensions to consider. A former manager of ours calls it "squeaky bum time"

You and Wigan do look the two strongest squads but Shrewsbury are not going to be far off either. I would say that we all need to review after Easter when we will all know a bit more. Good luck anyway. I personally think that you will get one of the autos.

Hi Mandy

No problem with Bristol Rovers
    You're welcome here and yes we've got to play you soon.

Went to both Millers-Blackburn games this season. Thought that Blackburn always looked like they had goals in them in both , although the quality of defending wasn't quite as good. Blackburn should make the top two with that fairly expensively assembled squad, by the standards of this division. The top teams are not dropping many points at the moment , so difficult for us to them catch up before the end of the season, although we've been giving it a good try since early December.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Went to both Millers-Blackburn games this season. Thought that Blackburn always looked like they had goals in them in both , although the quality of defending wasn't quite as good. Blackburn should make the top two with that fairly expensively assembled squad, by the standards of this division. The top teams are not dropping many points at the moment , so difficult for us to them catch up before the end of the season, although we've been giving it a good try since early December.
    I saw both games vrs you too. Some our lot moaned when we drew at your place in at New Year, but on the face of it, that point was very valuable. I think you have won almost every other game.
    We should be going up, we have a decent manager (compared to some of the dross we have had in recent years) and have spent a decent amount. But I guess you do need to slog it out every week. I just look at it like, if you get say 90-odd points but miss out on the top 2, then have to play someone like you lot in the play-offs, It would worry me fro a Rovers pov.

cheers for the responses lads, good luck with the rest of this scrap, and I hope you beat Wigan.

Always had a soft spot for Blackburn since the days of Brian Douglas.What a player that lad was. And talk about club loyalty. He was a one club man, made over 500 appearances for Rovers and once turned down the great Bill Shankley. Hope Blackburn get back to the Premiership in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Always had a soft spot for Blackburn since the days of Brian Douglas.What a player that lad was. And talk about club loyalty. He was a one club man, made over 500 appearances for Rovers and once turned down the great Bill Shankley. Hope Blackburn get back to the Premiership in the near future.

That's very nice of you to say. Douglas was a bit before my time, but you are brought up on the stories. Back in the days when club loyalty actually existed!!

Nice to chat with you lot, as a Rovers fan I got so much stick off Shrewsbury fans! Seems they really hate us??
    Not really sure why, but each to their own.
    For us as fans, we'd just like top get back into the Champ, its probably our natural level. After a good few years of turmoil (created by our wonderful owners) we are just happy to be heading in the right direction.
    As I've mentioned above, I wish you well for the rest of the season. Immense form over the second half of this season. And if you end up missing out on the top 2, we really would not want to be playing you in the play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    That's very nice of you to say. Douglas was a bit before my time, but you are brought up on the stories. Back in the days when club loyalty actually existed!!

Nice to chat with you lot, as a Rovers fan I got so much stick off Shrewsbury fans! Seems they really hate us??
    Not really sure why, but each to their own.
    For us as fans, we'd just like top get back into the Champ, its probably our natural level. After a good few years of turmoil (created by our wonderful owners) we are just happy to be heading in the right direction.
    As I've mentioned above, I wish you well for the rest of the season. Immense form over the second half of this season. And if you end up missing out on the top 2, we really would not want to be playing you in the play-offs.
    I think that Bryan Douglas scored against the Millers late in his career, whilst playing for Great Harwood in the FA Cup (Millers won 6-2)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast