+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rovers fan in peace

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    I think that Bryan Douglas scored against the Millers late in his career, whilst playing for Great Harwood in the FA Cup (Millers won 6-2)
    I tell what fella, that's damn good knowledge!! I just had a little look on google and found this

http://www.greatharwoodtown.co.uk/bryandouglas.html

He even stepped in for Stanley Matthews for England, very impressive.

I think that Bryan Douglas scored against the Millers late in his career, whilst playing for Great Harwood in the FA Cup (Millers won 6-2)
    That is so. I was at that match.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    How do Millers!
    Blimey your on a great run at the moment. Personally for quite a while I have been saying you are a real danger, well before you went and beat Shrewsbury. I still think you will overtake them.
    What are you all thinking? Its going to be very tight with us, you and Wigan. Had we beat them last Sunday, I'd have fancied us for the title. Now it will be very close. They have games in hand, but they still need to play Sat-Tues-Sat and win the majority. I still think that cup run will catch up with them.
    You still have to play them aswell am I right? That will be key for everyone.
    Good luck for the final push, you've done well pushing us so far. I really wouldn't want to be playing you in the playoffs.
    Blackburn Wigan and Rotherham are the best teams in league 1 I was well impressed in January when you played us. Your team showed some proper balls, not once did you play for time unlike Shrewsbury, it was real football from both teams. If what my prediction on season predictor It will be very close between us three. Wigan will struggle with all the games piling up on them the question is how bad will damage be for them?

See you in championship

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I tell what fella, that's damn good knowledge!! I just had a little look on google and found this

http://www.greatharwoodtown.co.uk/bryandouglas.html

He even stepped in for Stanley Matthews for England, very impressive.
    Had a look at the GHTFC website - didn't know that Matt Derbyshire set off with Great Harwood.
    I noticed a mistake though - the Jimmy Mullen who scored for the Millers in that FA Cup game was a left-winger, and not the defender of the same name who went on to manage Burnley

Best side I've seen is Wigan at the NYS this season, with good attacking wing backs, which seems to have rubbed off onto Mattock & Emmanual in the Millers side.
    Blackburn second best team to play at the NYS, so hopefully Wigan & Blackburn will take the top 2 spots, with the Millers in a play off spot, then Shrewsbury if they stand the pace, then a group of teams with Plymouth Argyle, Sc***horpe United, Charlton Athletic, Peterborough United looking for a play off spot.

Had a look at the GHTFC website - didn't know that Matt Derbyshire set off with Great Harwood.
    I noticed a mistake though - the Jimmy Mullen who scored for the Millers in that FA Cup game was a left-winger, and not the defender of the same name who went on to manage Burnley

Yeah, Derbs is a local lad. We should always have kept him, most of us where disappointed that we let him to go Olymiakos. Good to see him scoring goals for you lot. Always liked the lad, plus it's always good to see a local lad come good.
    We don't talk about the other Jimmy Mullen. Well, not in nice terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Blackburn Wigan and Rotherham are the best teams in league 1 I was well impressed in January when you played us. Your team showed some proper balls, not once did you play for time unlike Shrewsbury, it was real football from both teams. If what my prediction on season predictor It will be very close between us three. Wigan will struggle with all the games piling up on them the question is how bad will damage be for them?

See you in championship
    Hopefully. I think both us, Wigan and you will get up. I'm still unsure on Wigan, due to their fixture pile up.

I’ve got Wigan to win the league by a point from Blackburn with Shrews two or three points back

Any other year I think we might have had a chance but the top 2 are too good and we have too much to do. Either way we are in a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    I’ve got Wigan to win the league by a point from Blackburn with Shrews two or three points back

Any other year I think we might have had a chance but the top 2 are too good and we have too much to do. Either way we are in a good place.
    win for blackburn, loss for shrewsbury and a draw for wigan will do me this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post

Shrewsbury have a bad habit of trying to win by one goal then stalling for time which often leaves it biting them on the ass in last 20 mins

Wigan have a lot of games to play and if you listened to managers talk about fitness when playing a lot of matches you’d be as skeptical of them finishing top two as I am.

If we win both our games in hand we will only be 5 points behind Blackburn and they have posh charlton Bristol and Bradford to play.

For me the game that will decide it will be the away game at Wigan, 3 points we can still top group 1 point we can finish 2nd 0 and it’s play offs. But that’s just how I see it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast