+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RUFC Accounts for Year Ending 30th June 2017

RUFC Accounts for Year Ending 30th June 2017

Are now available. Just letting those that are interested know.

Good to see our loss is lower than the previous season despite us making a lower turnover.

Our commercial turnover is down by 2 mil than it was than the year ending June 2016, bit strange that it's dropped that much. Does this include matchday sponsorships or just general advertising boards/NYS units being used etc or is this entirely down to ASD?

Nice to see a drop in the wage budget too although it is unsurprising after getting rid of the wasters on the big wages

Overal it seems we are heading in the right direction to see our loss decrease after the catastrophic season we had. Although it is disheartening to see a loss of over 1 mil. Not sustainable in the long term and backs up to fact the Championship is a step too soon for us just yet. Also a shame about the loss in revenue from ASD. Strange that they would drop their sponsorship for loans instead? I get that loans are repayable but does make you question intention for the club

Link for those interested: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/d...krMok7CE1QU%3D
    Last edited by Donmiller; 08-03-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Make grim reading.

Sponsorship from ASD dropped tremendously but loans have increased to ensure the club stays afloat. These loans are repayable on demand.

The accounts are only up to June 2017 so all income & expenditure will have dropped significantly since then.

I can't see them through the link posted by Donmiller. Are you saying that ADS are now loaning money where they used to call it sponsorship?

Does the loans being listed as repayable at any time defer the club from paying interest on them?

Does it look like the future of the Stewarts doesn't include FUFC or its Estates holding group?

Interesting!!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I can't see them through the link posted by Donmiller. Are you saying that ADS are now loaning money where they used to call it sponsorship?

Does the loans being listed as repayable at any time defer the club from paying interest on them?

Does it look like the future of the Stewarts doesn't include FUFC or its Estates holding group?

Interesting!!
    The link was working earlier doesn't seem to be now, apologies

Try this click on filing history if its not already on it then go to the top link "full accounts", might work https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

Quote Originally Posted by one_a_day View Post
    Make grim reading.

Sponsorship from ASD dropped tremendously but loans have increased to ensure the club stays afloat. These loans are repayable on demand.

The accounts are only up to June 2017 so all income & expenditure will have dropped significantly since then.
    Only had chance for a quick look, but if you think these figures are grim, you should take a look at football finance in general.

In relative terms, these are a healthy set of accounts for an English league club.

The accounts confirm that Tony Stewart is funding the club through sponsorship and soft loans, but I don't suppose that will stop the complaints and demands that he get his cheque book out when we next lose a couple of matches on the bounce.

Overall I don't think the accounts are too bad

We're decreasing the loss which ultimately from a financial perspective is the most important thing

However it's still not great to see that we are making a loss. Or am I just being cautious because of our previous financial difficulties.
    Am I correct in thinking not too long ago we were making a profit? Albeit a small one, but still a profit. Just shows the price small clubs like Rotherham have to pay (literally) to stay in the Championship

Only a handful of clubs make a profit and then only occasionally. Clubs today are generally dependant upon the generosity (or otherwise) of their owners to survive. Banks generally don't lend money to football clubs any more, because flushing it down the toilet is easier and cuts out the middle man.

Agree with what Don says.

Interesting though is that we sold more season tickets than last season

No surprise attendance is down, glory hunting fans eh

Not to good with reading these i get lost in all the figures. But if i'am right we are losing 20k per week over a year. We have increased the staff by 20 and have a bank balance of 260k ? but owe TS 3.5 million in loans is that correct. So we are technically debt free as the loan is to the chairman . Those accounts are for last season the player budget has been slashed big earners have left . Season tickets held at 6k for this season gates are roughly the same i expect the accounts this time next year for this season to be alot healthier .I dont thinks its bad . I bet Wednesdays accounts are interesting

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast