+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: RUFC Accounts for Year Ending 30th June 2017

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    There's the Barnsley way.
    Although they bring kids through they also pick up 18-20 yr olds from non league.
    Their formula for signing one of these lads is lots of pace, young age and comfortable on the ball. The rest is coaching and patience for a while and then they have a player who can play in the c'ship. Obviously it's not as simplistic as I've described and they don't all work but it can be done.
    BFC have been in the C'ship since 1981 bar a couple of blips
    Solid point there yes I agree we should bring some non leaguers into our ranks a year contract with a further 3 years if proven themselves I Donno but yeah we should be able to spend some peanuts on non league players

There's the Barnsley way.
    Although they bring kids through they also pick up 18-20 yr olds from non league.
    Their formula for signing one of these lads is lots of pace, young age and comfortable on the ball. The rest is coaching and patience for a while and then they have a player who can play in the c'ship. Obviously it's not as simplistic as I've described and they don't all work but it can be done.
    BFC have been in the C'ship since 1981 bar a couple of blips
    Aye it's brilliant , you find the players , develop them and sit a point outside the championship play off places and then the bigger clubs come sniffing and totally destroy your team .

Mind you we are in profit and that's what this game is all about isn't it ?

Bitter , no not me , give me a good bank balance any day , why do I want to see a successful team ? , give me the £24m and 4th bottom of the championship and I'm as happy as a pig in shyte .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye it's brilliant , you find the players , develop them and sit a point outside the championship play off places and then the bigger clubs come sniffing and totally destroy your team .

Bitter , no not me , give me a good bank balance any day , why do I want to see a successful team ? , give me the £24m and 4th bottom of the championship and I'm as happy as a pig in shyte .
    Aye it would be good to finish 5th from bottom now & again instead of fourth bottom.
    At least Barnsley have / had/ got some saleable assetts.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Find me a Football League club that stands on its own two feet for any length of time.

Yes theoretically ASD Lighting could call in it's loans, but what would be the point? Both the club and ASD are owned by the same person. What would he achieve by effectively using one of the companies to close the second down.

The ground is owned by RU Estates - a company owned by the same person as the club. Whatever the legal niceties, the ground and club are, in effect, owned by the same person.
    It’s an “opco-propco” arrangement which is very common to separate out assets, very sensible

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    It’s an “opco-propco” arrangement which is very common to separate out assets, very sensible
    Subsidiary ?

Careful gm_gm you will have some people saying it's to avoid double taxation.
    As you said very sensible set-up....now where's that rich Arab hiding lol.

Hope you're balls are good gm_gm.......

and your Handicap is coming down.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Animal. Aren't you doing the same to the FC Halifax's and Torquay's of this world though?
    All of our clubs are relative in the hierarchy of the game
    We also take players from teams who aren't as strong as us such as Fleetwood
    I know a lot of people will disagree but I would be happy with 4th bottom in c'ship. The quality is way higher than div 1, grounds better, better atmosphere, better publicity......

Animal. Aren't you doing the same to the FC Halifax's and Torquay's of this world though?
    I know a lot of people will disagree but I would be happy with 4th bottom in c'ship. The quality is way higher than div 1, grounds better, better atmosphere, better publicity......
    Difference is we had a complete team decimated inside 6 months , the best side we'd seen in 17 years .

It was and still is hard to swallow when you see the replacements aren't anything like the same quality .

You have to wonder what's the point because whilst the plan's delivered financial security it also has a dramatic effect on the pitch .

I think you are in the minority on here when you say that you would be happy with 4th from bottom in the Championship. For many people it would be sign that TS hadn't got his chequebook out, or that there is no ambition or that the club has no business plan or similar - ad nauseum.

Agree 100%

As a fan animal what do you prefer? The financial security Barnsley now have but a poor side or a side that would have challenged well in the Champs. As a fan I would prefer the latter. Championship football is a delight compared to L1 but not competing is crap for most fans I think

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast