+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thanks, Zummerzet!

Thanks, Zummerzet!

Gratifying to read your post; I shall treat myself to an extra slice of Waitrose's Wookey Hole cheddaru .

You most accurately predicted a couple of years ago that people were going to think twice about venturing on to this board (no disrespect to the Chalkster). There are some fine people who pay the occasional visit, like your good self, Bigroof and Disgusted of Kirby Muxloe; I hope we see more of them and less of the trolls and the keyboard warriors.

Good to see you're still around VindePays! (I recall you telling us of a heart attack some years back.) I have to say I'd vowed in the summer not to spend my time on here, or a 'sort of' equivalent on Facebook that I can't help but read, but that lasted just a few months (not bad) before I was tempted back by controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by bigroof View Post
    ..... but that lasted just a few months (not bad) before I was tempted back by controversy.

Regrettably controversy is often just around the corner, so you may be on here for a good while yet!

Thanks for the thanks, VdP, good to have you back ....... for however long that is!

Good to see longstanding regulars back. I regularly read the postings, but, having not been to a match in months and living/working in London, I find I have little additional knowledge to add to them for the most part. Some of the key issues are a case of deja vu, but equally are likely to remain so unless there is a real shake up in the boardroom. Is Artell/Lunt the answer? Retaining them is the cheapest option, but it is to be hoped they keep us up and learn from their time in charge. Dropping into non-league will see us go the way of Stockport and Chester at best.