+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Luggy signs for united!

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Luggy always talks of how much of a family club United were when he was here and it's something that a lot of other ex-players talk fondly of.

Nowadays, the players train at St Andrews and the major shareholder conducts his business in a cafe in Broughty Ferry.

Tannadice is a place where all of the organisation's employees meet up, on average, once a fortnight.

We're certainly not a family club any more.

We have trained there since about 2006, it never stopped us having the second best period in our history in the following 8 years

I appreciate that Luggy wants to help out. He loves United as much as any of our fans do.

However, given his health concerns, I feel a degree of concern about him getting involved with United at this time - when we are such a basket case.

Stress is really bad for your physical & mental health.

Luggy is a United legend. That he remains so in spite of a very poor record as our manager says it all.

If I was him, I would've stayed well clear. A bit of scouting? absolutely fine. But trying to get a performance out of our mob? It'd be easier to get blood out of a stone.

There's a fair amount of cynicism about this, which is understandable. Me, I think, why not? If Csaba thinks he can add something on the training pitch then let's see? One thing the players will now understand is the depth of feeling of the fans, I'm guessing that's what this is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    There's a fair amount of cynicism about this, which is understandable. Me, I think, why not? If Csaba thinks he can add something on the training pitch then let's see? One thing the players will now understand is the depth of feeling of the fans, I'm guessing that's what this is all about.
    Cynicism and suspicion. If the club announced that a naked Cameron Diaz was giving out free pies in the Jerry Kerr at half time tomorrow the old stand would be empty.

One way or another we have to limp along until the end of the season. We still have a reasonable chance of qualifying for the play-offs and by reason of which, we have a chance of getting promoted this season. Sorry about all the tea and coffee just spewed out over your laptops, etc. However, that silver lining is what the Club is focused on, no matter how tarnished the silver is and how grey the cloud, but all has to be done within a meagre financial output at best.

More than last season's end, the end of this season will see huge changes, if not cataclysmic ones, whether we get promoted or not, though I imagine these will be far greater if we do not achieve that goal. The present climate at this stage of the season demands stability. Every match day promotion looks a more forlorn hope than the last one. We are so taken up with our desperation for promotion that it could threaten the very existence of the Club.

I’m not sure where it all fits in but at least Shabba sees need to change things. It’s a Strange one but who knows.

How about this. Ellis to organise and pick team. Sturrock to motivate. Shabba to talk to media. Would be an improvement I suspect

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I’m not sure where it all fits in but at least Shabba sees need to change things. It’s a Strange one but who knows.

How about this. Ellis to organise and pick team. Sturrock to motivate. Shabba to talk to media. Would be an improvement I suspect
    How about Sturrock/Ellis to organise and pick team, Sturrock/Ellis to do team talk and discuss tactics, Shabba to stand about scratching his baws, dance if we win.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Luggy always talks of how much of a family club United were when he was here and it's something that a lot of other ex-players talk fondly of.

Nowadays, the players train at St Andrews and the major shareholder conducts his business in a cafe in Broughty Ferry.

Tannadice is a place where all of the organisation's employees meet up, on average, once a fortnight.

We're certainly not a family club any more.
    How many clubs actually train anywhere near their own stadium? Not sure this is relevant in the slightest tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    How many clubs actually train anywhere near their own stadium? Not sure this is relevant in the slightest tbh.
    It wasn't really a comment on where we trained, it was just an observation on how much the club has changed since the last time Luggy was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    How about Sturrock/Ellis to organise and pick team, Sturrock/Ellis to do team talk and discuss tactics, Shabba to stand about scratching his baws, dance if we win.
    Sounds like a plan.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)