+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Strange ganning ons at St James

Strange ganning ons at St James

WTF? never seen or heard of the likes of this,it all seems very weird.....

https://tinyurl.com/yayjghwo

Nay mention of Beardsley getting the bullet...
    Last edited by ashingtoon62; 08-03-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Big shame for those lads, especially if they've been here for such a long time.

But, the flip side is that maybe this is the start of some root and branch overhaul designed to improve the quality of players and coaches in the U23s? Could be the start of something very good but something that necessitates this seemingly draconian action?

As for Beardsley, I would imagine that as the tribunal is ongoing and could end in legal action the Chron have decided that those waters are too murky to dabble in?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Big shame for those lads, especially if they've been here for such a long time.

But, the flip side is that maybe this is the start of some root and branch overhaul designed to improve the quality of players and coaches in the U23s? Could be the start of something very good but something that necessitates this seemingly draconian action?

As for Beardsley, I would imagine that as the tribunal is ongoing and could end in legal action the Chron have decided that those waters are too murky to dabble in?
    Aye totally agree but the timing just seems a bit off!!
    We qualify for the semis then get shot of a few the next day,thought Heardman was supposed to be something special.
    Hope its not FCB stripping us doon to the bones even more.
    Was listening to the Ronnie podcast last night,George Caulkin was on.He said when the Mackems got relegated last season about 90 people got the heave-ho but when we got relegated the season before nobody did.This was cos there was naybody left to sack,god I fu cking hate Ashley...

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Aye totally agree but the timing just seems a bit off!!
    We qualify for the semis then get shot of a few the next day,thought Heardman was supposed to be something special.
    Hope its not FCB stripping us doon to the bones even more.
    Was listening to the Ronnie podcast last night,George Caulkin was on.He said when the Mackems got relegated last season about 90 people got the heave-ho but when we got relegated the season before nobody did.This was cos there was naybody left to sack,god I fu cking hate Ashley...
    I wonder if it's something which has been smouldering for a while but has just come to the boil. If it is a slimming down procedure which will produce quality over quantity then it may be a step forward.

The inefficiencies in that department wouldn't be noticed by Ashley, him being a numpty in the football department, but it may be that long term Rafa is making an attempt to rationalise things here.

I agree Ash that the timing seems strange, BUT...... the way I see it, it is a win for all.

It's a win for the players. Take Curtis Good as an example. He was considered the future leader of our defensive line, but has since disappeared into obscurity. From what I recall he has been out injured and out on loan with moderate to limited success. I doubt he will ever get the chance in the first team, so better for him to be on his way to a level that's more suitable for him.

For the club, getting rid of these players means there is a chance of even younger players getting to play at a higher level (youth to reserve). Some won't be good enough, but they'll learn a lot from that I suspect. With the right coaching, this could be just what this club needs. And the sooner the better, even though it's mid/late season now.

For Ashley, it's a lot of players whose wages he won't have to pay anymore. I imagine he's thrilled. FCB.

Isn't it just that time of the season that we tell youth players whether they are being offered new contracts or not? So they don't go straight away?

Shame for them but if it means a complete overhaul of a system that hasn't produced enough for us sadly it has to happen.

Beating the Mackems 11-10 on pens is unbelievable and not a Jarmin in sight.Some of our younger exuberant fans decided to nick half a dozen pink seats (not that theyr'e needed like).They are on CCTV when will these daft feckers learn? one daft laddie is filmed on the Metro tekking one hyem..

They'll end up banned from all stadiums.

Daft.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)