+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We’re not good enough for the premiership

Yah yah yah
    We're not good enough
    We don't belong
    That's a place for the good clubs

Because if we got promoted we'd really have exactly the same team we've got now, wouldn't we ?

This club has been allowed to short change the fans for decades because of stupid statements like that from small minded, downtrodden idiots who have an absolute inability to dream or think any bigger than their own little bubble

With our first choice, first 11, Freeman, Coutts and Brooks, we could give anyone a game.

Injuries, lack of depth, lack of choice for rotation, all of this means we're falling short, not by much. Yes, the season could still have a twist and turn, but this is a possibility, not now a probability. Everyone learned a lot this year, essential that we strengthen in quality AND quantity.

1975 springs to mind for me had another great team that nearly got to europe the best midfielder in england and just needed a couple of quality signings to be going for the title and who do we buy chris guthrie !!!

[QUOTE=paddy56;38822136]After recent performances it is plain to see that we are not good enough to play premiership football. ue.

No sheet shirlock. there isnt a side in the championship good enough to play prem footy. any side gaining promotion will have to up grade their team. just like we would have to if we got their. ya need a team to win promotion then add quality to gain promotion again. thats the same from any league to any leag

Quote Originally Posted by Chingo View Post
    Wolves and Fulham are not good enough for the prem , it’s how you spend when you go up that matters.
    EXACTLY!! IF we managed to get there against all odds what’s the worst that can happen? We’d get a MINIMUM OF £100m plus 5 years parachute payements.

We’re Huddersfield good enough last season and yet they’ve got a good enough chance of staying up. The key is to manage it like Burnley have. They got relegated after the first season up but spent wisely and bounced straight back using their new found wealth to mop up decent talent without paying over the odds and now they’re established in the Prem.

The key is how we managed it and whether or not our owners (whoever they might be) have the nous not to money grab and make it happen. I’m sure Wilder would be up to the job.

im certain he is gray and i do think were a club progressing like burnley and udders have the next 2 years are gonna be crucial in deciding which way the club is heading just a sound sensible progression with money being spent on more quality will see the messiah take us to the promised land of the premier league just hope we can get some investment for him if we can this is a club going places

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    im certain he is gray and i do think were a club progressing like burnley and udders have the next 2 years are gonna be crucial in deciding which way the club is heading just a sound sensible progression with money being spent on more quality will see the messiah take us to the promised land of the premier league just hope we can get some investment for him if we can this is a club going places
    Spot on Shoreham but like I said, IF we managed to go on a decent run and win the play offs, we should grab it with both hands. The fact that we’re not quite ready now to do a Wolves at this level will have no bearing on the team in the Premier League. Only a handful of the squad would survive just like just about most other club’s squad members that get into the top flight.

Daft as it sounds, that’d be the hardest part for me. For the first time in a long time I’ve got a lotta man love for some of our lads, they’ve done us proud beyond most Blades fans wildest dreams, and the thought of kicking some of them into touch after giving us such great times doesn’t sit easy with me. Ya see, I’m a big o’l softee at heart contrary to some say.

some will get kicked in to touch gray but they will be the ones most blades will be expecting to be moved on the 18 to 20 players that have been in the match day squads of late will still be here next season apart from brooksy who may or may not be sold then as ive said we need 3 or 4 championship players to boost that squad but thats gonna take some serious investment lets hope its forthcoming in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by paddy56 View Post
    After recent performances it is plain to see that we are not good enough to play premiership football.

We are a good championship team and I applaud what Chris has done for the Blades, but we do not have the necessary players/skills to play premiership football and survive.

I think we are good enough to finish somewhere between 6th and 12th.

UTB
    No team in this league is good enough for the Prem. Fact is getting there then gives a team (any promoted team) a chance to go to the next stage of competing in the higher league.

Quote Originally Posted by woodysrightfoot View Post
    We are not at the moment but its still better than League !
    We know we need a few quality players but the football has been as good as anything for years
    Chris and Alan are still learning in this division
    We are up against foreign coaches who in most cases are tactically better than English trained coaches
    Lets me right Joe Fagan was the last English coach to win anything (in that I mean World or European Cup)
    We (England) has a failed coaching system being taught by failed coaches from a failed coaching book
    UTB
    Agreed Woody. I was at the Spurs - Juventus game on Wednesday - it was a stunning match to watch - and from where I was up in the gods you could appreciate more how these teams function as a unit - as well as individually. It honestly took my breath away at times.

Spurs have come a million miles under Pocchetino, and now Wolves and Fulham are also flourishing under foreign coaches. Ok you have to get the right one, but its no coincidence that all the top teams in both divisions are now coached by foreigners.

It strikes me that CW is a very bright guy, and knows he has a lot to learn if he wants to progress....that's what gives me hope that we will continue to head in the right direction with him.

Essentially all managers have the same tools, players - but its what they can get out of them that matters.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast