+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We’re not good enough for the premiership

We’re not good enough for the premiership

After recent performances it is plain to see that we are not good enough to play premiership football.

We are a good championship team and I applaud what Chris has done for the Blades, but we do not have the necessary players/skills to play premiership football and survive.

I think we are good enough to finish somewhere between 6th and 12th.

UTB

One day it will happen.

We need to do the Burnley model,they were not tipped for promotion when they actually went up.

yeah probably right certainly havent given up on this season just yet but realistically i think we will finish 8th or 9th still a great effort by everybody at the club just hope we can get some new investment for chris to bring 3 or 4 championship quality players in this summer utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by paddy56 View Post
    After recent performances it is plain to see that we are not good enough to play premiership football.

We are a good championship team and I applaud what Chris has done for the Blades, but we do not have the necessary players/skills to play premiership football and survive.

I think we are good enough to finish somewhere between 6th and 12th.

UTB
    When/if we go up this season,City&Pep will be crappin themselves.THE MIGHTY BLADES are comin for ya.UTCB

Wolves and Fulham are not good enough for the prem , it’s how you spend when you go up that matters.

We can't afford to continue plucking the cream of Leagues 1 and 2 in the next summer transfer window put it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingo View Post
    Wolves and Fulham are not good enough for the prem , it’s how you spend when you go up that matters.
    Any club that goes up knows they'll have to spend plenty just to gi themselves any hope of stayin in't prem Chings,even a thicko like me knows that.I think both Wolves and Fulham look better sides than Udders did last season tho.How's the splodgin goin? UTCB

And, if you don't take the opportunity when it presents itself, you will never go up, you will never progress, you will never benefit from the parachute payments that give you a fighting edge in the Champ.

Was David ever going to beat Goliath? No, of course not, he should have stayed at home.

Has a non league club ever heaten a league club?

We'd never know if they took the stance of the OP.

I bet Huddersfield fans are hating this season.

We are not at the moment but its still better than League !
    We know we need a few quality players but the football has been as good as anything for years
    Chris and Alan are still learning in this division
    We are up against foreign coaches who in most cases are tactically better than English trained coaches
    Lets me right Joe Fagan was the last English coach to win anything (in that I mean World or European Cup)
    We (England) has a failed coaching system being taught by failed coaches from a failed coaching book
    UTB

yeah weve definetly still got a chance of top 6 but its the final third that concerns me dont think weve got enough quality in depth up there at this level thats why i would like to see a slight change in formation and get more of our creative midfielders in the starting line up

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast