+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alan Spending The Cash

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    How on earth do clubs like Accrington survive,let alone be successful.
    They are doing incredibly well at the moment, but would you swap our long term future for theirs? Clubs like Crawley and Stevenage (currently both averaging under 2,600) have climbed out of non-league in recent years, got promoted into L1 and had a few decent seasons at that level but are now sinking back to a position more befitting of their history and gates. I expect Fleetwood will eventually end up in a similar position and no doubt Accrington as well.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    They are doing incredibly well at the moment, but would you swap our long term future for theirs? Clubs like Crawley and Stevenage (currently both averaging under 2,600) have climbed out of non-league in recent years, got promoted into L1 and had a few decent seasons at that level but are now sinking back to a position more befitting of their history and gates. I expect Fleetwood will eventually end up in a similar position and no doubt Accrington as well.

Be happy you are a Notts supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    1.5 million on the hotel extension at the golf club.
    Do you blame him!!
    Some comments about him and Nolan would edge any further investment somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Do you blame him!!
    Some comments about him and Nolan would edge any further investment somewhere else
    I don't think that is the way that multi-enterprise businessmen work. I also doubt very much that much of the money for the development is coming out of AH's bank account, nor from money available for Notts County.

He has the opportunity to grow a money making business and thank god because he will need some of those profits to subsidise his losses at Meadow Lane, but it is nothing to do with comments being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I don't think that is the way that multi-enterprise businessmen work. I also doubt very much that much of the money for the development is coming out of AH's bank account, nor from money available for Notts County.

He has the opportunity to grow a money making business and thank god because he will need some of those profits to subsidise his losses at Meadow Lane, but it is nothing to do with comments being made.
    I’m sure it doesn’t
    After all he doesn’t use social media��

At the end of the day I am happy with the present set up and investment at Notts,look what Bournemouth and Leicester have done against the odds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12