+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO Ashy

alf --as you are aware, nothing much bothers me, certainly not anything which is posted on here will cause any consternation so we can continue to chill and enjoy our interest in a proper game.

Games against Wakefield are always very difficult from a Wigan point of view because, like other teams, they try to lift their game when playing against us.

As far as today's game is concerned, it really is a must win game for the Hammers and I know that, historically, we don't get many results down there. I would be more than happy with a draw and would be ecstatic if we win!!

I asked somebody in the know about Rugby League to explain it to me in layman's terms, he said, it's the only "sport" he knows where 13 players are sent out to beat the living s h i t e out of the opposing 13 others. Obviously the team with the least concussions wins. There is a points system but no-one bothers to tell them that." Sounds about right!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I asked somebody in the know about Rugby League to explain it to me in layman's terms, he said, it's the only "sport" he knows where 13 players are sent out to beat the living s h i t e out of the opposing 13 others. Obviously the team with the least concussions wins. There is a points system but no-one bothers to tell them that." Sounds about right!
    He was lying because the other horrible code of the game has 15 players sent out to do far worse things to each other and he must have known about that if he is in the know about Rugby League

A nice win in the end for the Warriors today Ashy, Wakey are a pretty tough side so it wasn't a bad result.. Cas back to winning ways as well..

I bet Ashley Barnes would make a fist of it at superleague,he's got the right attitude..

I noticed that they were behind at half time but they came back well in the second half to ensure that Wakefield lost for the first time. Only St Helens have a 100% record even at this early stage of the season.
    I see that history was made at the game too:- "Tara Jones, one of two in-goal judges for the game, became the first ever on-field female official for a Super League match."

I reckon that Ash would compete well but we'll stick with him playing for the Clarets ---scored in last three games!!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I noticed that they were behind at half time but they came back well in the second half to ensure that Wakefield lost for the first time. Only St Helens have a 100% record even at this early stage of the season.
    I see that history was made at the game too:- "Tara Jones, one of two in-goal judges for the game, became the first ever on-field female official for a Super League match."

I reckon that Ash would compete well but we'll stick with him playing for the Clarets ---scored in last three games!!
    A good read about her on this link Ashy ..

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/..._involved/play

Thanks for that alf ----a remarkable young lady. I always love to hear of young people doing well because the media only really focuses on the bad.

Check out the link Ashy about two elderly ladies in the dementia home being treated to a game by the Wigan players..well worth a view..
    click on the link and then scroll right to the bottom of the page for video..

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/sport/

I painted the toilet door today and sat on the crapper until it dried. By gum it was brilliant...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I painted the toilet door today and sat on the crapper until it dried. By gum it was brilliant...
    Well,that part will be true as you are full of sh/t ..lol

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)