+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO Ashy

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Now turned it into a closed shop. One up, one down makes it just another Old Boy's Club. Suit you two then!
    Its just the opposite you Feckin Numpty..,It gives the lower league winners an automatic spot instead of having to play off against a superleague team.. Stick to your football transfer predictions in the future.. Oh I forgot you never get them right either you silly old git..

Ermmmmm….only one, not two going up and down?

Alf--- it seems that the new SL CEO has jumped the gun with this because, according to the RFL, the situation is still under discussion.
    One up and one down would seem sensible with the current situation of 12 teams per league and I am in total agreement with promotion and relegation being decided over the course of the season on a week by week basis.
    We shall have to wait and see whether this is ratified in the near future so that all clubs will know what they need to do to stay up or to go up.

Did you League lads watch our proper team playing the Boks last Saturday ? Real rugby, cracking game, best Rugby I've ever seen from our lads, absolutely awesome ......for 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Did you League lads watch our proper team playing the Boks last Saturday ? Real rugby, cracking game, best Rugby I've ever seen from our lads, absolutely awesome ......for 20 minutes.
    No. I watched our Ladies getting beat at cricket by the South Africans. It seems that the South Africans had a great day against the English on Saturday. Mind you the game I watched didn't have people wasting time rolling around the floor and piling on top of each other while they had a rest and taking 2 minutes or more to decide to form a scrum.
    Each one to his own though.

Rugby League is the only sport I will watch on TV which takes preference over football ---unless the Clarets are playing!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Even the Clarets would get a penalty awarded against our lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Alf--- it seems that the new SL CEO has jumped the gun with this because, according to the RFL, the situation is still under discussion.
    One up and one down would seem sensible with the current situation of 12 teams per league and I am in total agreement with promotion and relegation being decided over the course of the season on a week by week basis.
    We shall have to wait and see whether this is ratified in the near future so that all clubs will know what they need to do to stay up or to go up.
    Unbelievable Ashy,they couldn't run a pish up in a brewery ..

Watching Salford v Widnes tonight and was a decent game between two clubs who have been struggling, however, the highlight was a yellow card being given to a Widnes player to spend 10 minutes in the sin bin and on his way off he decided to sarcastically applaud the referee. Bad move --the referee immediately produced a red card thus ending the player's participation in the game. I await to see what other punishment is doled out to him.

My point really is that this happens so much in football and yet the referees do nothing because that is the instruction given to them-----how I would love to see this changed!

alf----did you see the superb match between Rhinos and Saints tonight?
    Tremendous game with Saints winning with a dropped goal just 2 minutes from time. Rhinos played out of their skins and missed a penalty which was crucial in the end.
    Rugby League at its best and I watched it live in preference to the Spain v Portugal game which had nothing riding on it, although it was a cracking game with some good goals.
    The ladies won at cricket too to win the series against South Africa.
    Good day of sport with 3 football matches, 1 x RL match and the ladies cricket --who cares about the golf?

I care about the golf. The US Open course is brutal and the world's best players are crumbling.

The Iberian peninsula soccer master class was a joy to behold and contained two of the best goals you will see this year.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)