+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our M.P.

Our M.P.

Our M.P. Laura Smith (who?) is having her say now.
    Is she any relation to Hamilton?

https://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/new...-hold-14387725

Yes, as the article says, she is Smith's daughter so it is unsurprising that she has joined the calls for an independent inquiry. I thought the second statement by the club did not respond to Hamilton Smith's points particularly well. That said, if there has been a police investigation and Bennell is now being bars, I would expect the Club to outline how it prevents anything like this ever occurring again and then braces itself for any compensation claims. As for Dario, he remains suspended by the FA. I do not see any mileage in pursuing Hamilton Smith's accusation about what happened at Dario's house, unless one or more witness speaks up. Who informed Hamilton Smith? Will he/they now come forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Yes, as the article says, she is Smith's daughter so it is unsurprising that she has joined the calls for an independent inquiry. I thought the second statement by the club did not respond to Hamilton Smith's points particularly well. That said, if there has been a police investigation and Bennell is now being bars, I would expect the Club to outline how it prevents anything like this ever occurring again and then braces itself for any compensation claims. As for Dario, he remains suspended by the FA. I do not see any mileage in pursuing Hamilton Smith's accusation about what happened at Dario's house, unless one or more witness speaks up. Who informed Hamilton Smith? Will he/they now come forward?
    It's a small world init!

She is our MP and this is the first time I have heard of her..Timpson was very visible!

I would just add one thing though. The club if I recall correctly did say they would conduct or agree to an 'independent' enquiry and so how does a 'police' enquiry fit in to this as they were supposed to be involved before and nothing happened and so would they investigated every single avenue of enquiry that involved Hamilton Smith or Dario at Chelsea and how thorough that investigation has been IF we don't know what questions they asked, what answers they got and what recommendations they have made? Have we seen any of this yet? Or have the club just said it's been dealt with?

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone but we do know the club doesn't do communication very well and they still don't and so people like our MP will keep wanting more information from an 'independent' investigation. The police have had some very bad press recently in not being as thorough as they should have been and why some people are skeptical.

I suppose a club instigating an 'independent' enquiry carried out by QC would be very expensive and I am guessing the police one wouldn't and so was that another factor?

Why hasn't the club pressurised the FA in concluding their investigations into DG's role at Chelsea 2 years on and he remains suspended while they wait? Why no mention of that by the club as seems to be very unfair on him if they are just sitting around and not asking why?

I think most agree the club really needs to up its game on both the commercial front and the communication department. There are few companies that are so poor as we have been.

Does anyone recall the club saying they would authorise an 'independent' investigation?

She is very vocal, if that’s the right word, on social media and does have her say in the Chronicle.

I don’t think her actions should be judged by who her father is as, to the best of my knowledge, she hasn’t called his name to mind. However, the club has, in my humble opinion, been naive in the extreme over this whole business. Their statements, few and far between as they are, seem legalistic and cold and surely the least they should do, as furberstreet says, is to get someone in to review our current policies and procedures regarding safeguarding for children to assure current and potential parents that the club are following today’s best practice in both what the policies are and that they are being followed to the letter.

There is, I feel, no point going back 30 years to learn from our mistakes- best practice has moved on significantly since then but to do this would reassure all in the club and those of us that support the club that we are NOW treating our young people properly.

The club, and some fans, seem to be either burying their head in the sand or circling the wagons and accusing the press of picking on poor little Crewe. Whilst there may be an element of truth in that, when push comes to shove we employed a *****phile for several years and must accept it and man up about the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    She is very vocal, if that’s the right word, on social media and does have her say in the Chronicle.

I don’t think her actions should be judged by who her father is as, to the best of my knowledge, she hasn’t called his name to mind. However, the club has, in my humble opinion, been naive in the extreme over this whole business. Their statements, few and far between as they are, seem legalistic and cold and surely the least they should do, as furberstreet says, is to get someone in to review our current policies and procedures regarding safeguarding for children to assure current and potential parents that the club are following today’s best practice in both what the policies are and that they are being followed to the letter.

There is, I feel, no point going back 30 years to learn from our mistakes- best practice has moved on significantly since then but to do this would reassure all in the club and those of us that support the club that we are NOW treating our young people properly.

The club, and some fans, seem to be either burying their head in the sand or circling the wagons and accusing the press of picking on poor little Crewe. Whilst there may be an element of truth in that, when push comes to shove we employed a *****phile for several years and must accept it and man up about the consequences.
    I agree they come across as cold and legalistic, but they’re on the defensive aren’t they? It wouldn’t do them any harm to come out with a robust statement about their safeguarding (which will have been in place for a good while now in line with the rest of the football industry). As regards current and potential parents, I’d imagined Crewe, sensitive because of their employment of Bennell, would be doing more than most to reassure. I’ve no reason to believe that numbers of boys/parents interested in developing with Crewe have dropped off.

Laura smith and her side kick mick Roberts need to knob off there has been a police investigation move on I would never vote for her and I urge all Crewe fans to do the same I don’t believe she has ever set foot in Gresty road and is not welcome #bitch

Wonder if she can shed some light on why her dad didn't go to the police?

I do wish the club would do something though, we have an opportunity to put this whole thing to bed and by not doing an investigation it's our fault this is dragging on.

Preston76 does the cause absolutely no good at all by resorting to anti-woman abuse and referring to anyone as a "bitch".
    I can't understand how this got through moderation.
    Do you know she has never set foot in the ground?
    Many of us have been fighting our corner by sticking to reason and sound argument - don't give them ammunition!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Preston76 does the cause absolutely no good at all by resorting to anti-woman abuse and referring to anyone as a "bitch".
    I can't understand how this got through moderation.
    Do you know she has never set foot in the ground?
    Many of us have been fighting our corner by sticking to reason and sound argument - don't give them ammunition!
    Well said Gazan. Awful post by Preston76.

There has been a police investigation end of so your saying so that’s not good enough oh let’s waste a load of money on another investigation knob off Timmy tit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast