+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warne lifts lid on Purrington absence

Hope this isn't another waste of money signing where we don't give the player much chance i thought we were past all that. Can understand him not getting chosen ahead of Mattock right now but when we was out injured the other week it made no sense not playing him ahead of a right footed centre half. The game he was referring to when Ihiekwe had to come on for injured Mattock i thought he didn't look comfortable at all at left back imo and Oxford ended up scoring in the end from a through pass from that side.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Hope this isn't another waste of money signing where we don't give the player much chance i thought we were past all that. Can understand him not getting chosen ahead of Mattock right now but when we was out injured the other week it made no sense not playing him ahead of a right footed centre half. The game he was referring to when Ihiekwe had to come on for injured Mattock i thought he didn't look comfortable at all at left back imo and Oxford ended up scoring in the end from a through pass from that side.
    100% correct. They scored down our left. It was as if he couldn't turn his body enough to make a pass without it going out for a throw in. I'd have been pissed off like Purrington if he had done training sessions using Icky at left back whilst he was playing against them. But Warne is the boss and we didn't lose either game and it made it easier to put Mattock straight back in.

According to the Plymouth Herald, Purrington was signed on the say so of Jamie Johnson when Warne was caretaker manager.
    We know that Warne likes players to be adaptable and Ben hasn't shown he can be that yet. Hopefully he'll be given more time but the signs don't look too promising at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    How do you put Potter in there when he’s been out injured ?
    Because I'd be amazed if Potter got in the first XI anytime soon. He might not even get on the bench it's so strong
    Don't think PW will change his team or his tactics
    Besides which Towell does the role of Potter and when he's not doing that he takes on Frecklington's role - two players for the price of one
    That's why he prefers Mattock (LB and L overlapping winger) and the other defenders as they can do more than one role

and they say Evans threw money away.....laughable really. Spends £300,000 on the whim of a few words now he's on his way out.

Got to forgive Warne though for this c.ock up as he was new in the role and for what he's achieved so far this season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12