+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotel or flats behind the kop

John Toshack would buy one so he could close the curtains when Notts play

The club needs to be self finanicing as much as possible so a development as part of the club such as a hotel would bring in extra revenue over the long term, whilst short term there would be a big cost. The sale of the land to a developer would bring in money but I’d say that would be a short term thing? Maybe to raise funds to get us to a higher level?

It’s good that the club are looking at future revenue schemes.

Now to the Kop. Our Kop is one of the best stands in the lower leagues. Along with the rest of the stadium it forms part of the late Derek Pavis legacy that he left us with a ground suitable for any level that we were to play at.

I don’t want our Kop to alter too much. I’ve been to the matchroom Stadium and the stand with the hotel on it is a monstrosity in my opinion.

It could be possible to incorporate the Kop into a Hotel as the lower floors of the hotel would be separate from the kop. The kop roof could be taken down and hotel rooms positioned at this level which would be like the executive boxes in the family stand. Then a new roof put on it. Thats a small change but not drastic such as knocking it down and encompassing a new stand as part of a hotel. Selling the land not including the kop is big enough for a hotel.

Building down on that land would also mean the potential for underground car parking. Although the water table is low in that area.

I thought the land was leased and owned by the council?

If not a great idea to ensure long term stability for the club. The idea of going back to the days of administration should surely be in the forefront of all supporters minds.

Would we not be better buying the leases back off the Council first, so we own our own ground.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Perhaps we could offer free curtains with every sale as an incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Perhaps we could offer free curtains with every sale as an incentive.

Yeah !
    And we could re-sign Drapes !

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Yeah !
    Quality Mr L

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Yeah !
    Too late, he's done a runner

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Its too subtle for many.😲😆😆😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Would we not be better buying the leases back off the Council first, so we own our own ground.
    There's a reason for the lease though, it's to stop some developer coming along and knocking the ground down. I agree that building alternative income streams is a good idea, but Hardy is better off investing in his golf club, which actually has people who want to stay there, or just developing Paragon further. The only people who would stay at a Notts branded hotels are Notts fans, and we live here already.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast