+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotel or flats behind the kop

Hotel or flats behind the kop

Alan Hardy is looking to see if a hotel or flats can be built behind the kop with the revenue from it to fund the training ground, one possibility is demolishing the kop for a more modern one incorporated in the hotel or flats with conference rooms and restaurants.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...-views-1321262

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Alan Hardy is looking to see if a hotel or flats can be built behind the kop with the revenue from it to fund the training ground, one possibility is demolishing the kop for a more modern one incorporated in the hotel or flats with conference rooms and restaurants.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...-views-1321262
    My first (knee-jerk) reaction is spend the money where it counts! On the people that bring the club success, players!

That’s a very short term plan though Smiffy

I want one of those flats, where I can watch the game from my balcony!

Will be interesting to get Nottingham City Council's take on this, as they own the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    That’s a very short term plan though Smiffy
    Is it *******s!! We need to get promotion end of. It doesn't matter how good the training ground is if it's a donkeys rest home. This isn't a chicken/egg thing, div 2 is not going to get the kids in. A promotion with a decent squad for the following year is more important than a state of the art training ground or a lick of paint here and there. Success on the pitch is paramount.

Spending within our means is paramount. Generating extra income like this gives us more to spend and will only be a good thing. Not sure about a training ground but if we had a decent one it might help us attract better players.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Spending within our means is paramount. Generating extra income like this gives us more to spend and will only be a good thing. Not sure about a training ground but if we had a decent one it might help us attract better players.
    Agree, AH wants promotion this season, he is also planning for the future with extra income for the training ground and players to get us into the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Is it *******s!! We need to get promotion end of. It doesn't matter how good the training ground is if it's a donkeys rest home. This isn't a chicken/egg thing, div 2 is not going to get the kids in. A promotion with a decent squad for the following year is more important than a state of the art training ground or a lick of paint here and there. Success on the pitch is paramount.
    Totally agree, and we should have strengthened our squad in January when we had the chance. This could come back to bite us come May time.
    Last edited by ireallyhateforest; 09-03-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    That (generating income) was one of RT's stated aims. He was going to set about making the club to be self-financing regardless of what happened on the pitch.

A hotel in the car park would not likely take funds away from players, FFP and all that whereas the hotel would be funded by loans. Can't say I'd choose that location for a hotel unless there's some new plan in the pipeline for the cattle market.

Decent training ground facilities within easy reach can only be a good thing if nothing else for simplifying the logistics and getting more out of the available time.

Some announcements are due - one on Monday and then something in due course on the training ground, at least according to AH's twitter.

I'm not sure what went wrong with the transfer window because AH announced a couple of months ago that the club finances were better off than he'd budgetted so, in the absence of a new tannoy system and scoreboard funds should have been available, plus the £100k we were going to be for Noble doesn't appear to have been used. Maybe they pinned too much hope on their main target who went in a different direction at the last minute, leaving us with Bennett.

Let's hope they unearthed a suitable free agent. Something has to be done if AH is serious about promotion this season (despite his mixed messages) because the form for the past few months has been little better than mid-table and the new midfield isn't breaking any records. Another season in the bottom division is another wasted year despite the progress.

I keep meaning to check KN's performance from when he started to early March compared to this season's. I suspect he's gone backwards in that respect.

I don't have a problem with flats. If there is a view I might even buy one or two and make others suffer.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast