+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7 games now from 10th to 31st

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Any reason they can't just play it tomorrow
    Game for us on Tuesday is one reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Game for us on Tuesday is one reason.
    Move that to Wednesday 😉

High possibilty of seeing 4 games in a week before seasons end.
    eg: Sat .. Mon ... Thurs ... Sat
    LLLL

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    All if which makes no difference to the fact our up and coming game schedule would test any club.
    Agreed but its a fact that they only have wee ****ey teams to play,in the 80's a smaller squad had to play more games against the likes of Barcelona TWICE,Borrusia MG TWICE,Glasgow Rangers RIP,The FUN at Tynecastle 3-2,Celtic,Aberdeen and IFK Goteborg TWICE and a Scottish Cup Final.
    Luggy should be brought up fae England to tell the current squad what it was like playing and beating Barca twice and how it would have been a walk in the park up against the mighty Inverness Caley Thistle instead,FACT.

Having so many games in 1987 killed us for the last few, most important, games of that season.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Agreed but its a fact that they only have wee ****ey teams to play,in the 80's a smaller squad had to play more games against the likes of Barcelona TWICE,Borrusia MG TWICE,Glasgow Rangers RIP,The FUN at Tynecastle 3-2,Celtic,Aberdeen and IFK Goteborg TWICE and a Scottish Cup Final.
    Luggy should be brought up fae England to tell the current squad what it was like playing and beating Barca twice and how it would have been a walk in the park up against the mighty Inverness Caley Thistle instead,FACT.
    We ain't in the 80s any more G......... this is the grim reality...

It's probably just me, but I still have a gut feeling that St Mirren can't just keep ploughing out the results as they've been doing. They really aren't great. If they pull it off, good luck to them. However, literally ALL their results are narrow wins where the opposition have missed great chances or been unlucky in other ways. Even at this late stage I still feel we can pull this off - our maximum possible total is now 79 points. To exceede that, St Mirren still need seven wins from their remaining games. It is unlikely but not yet impossible- keep the faith guys, oh and keep playing Matty Smith.

lovin' and sharing your optimism jm
    we have a minimum of 12 games left
    then no more (if we finish 1st or below 4th) or four more (if we finish 2nd) or six more (if we finish 3rd or 4th)
    so could be as many as 18 games which is a whole chunk of season coming at the right time maybe
    an awful lot to play for so let's get right behind the team and back the restoration of the WFDUFC
    and how tickled I am about the announcement of the loanee y'day

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    2 away - Brechin/QotS
    3 home - ICT/QotS/Pars
    2 away - ICT/Morton

We will need a lot of luck injury wise for the first time this season, be interesting to see how we do

Yes we have fallen a couple positions, partly due to poor results and partly lack of games compared to others

We were on 39 pts after after 19 games, which none of these other sides were anywhere near and the two key injuries and lesser ones too knocked us out outlr stride, we now sit on 40 after 23 games having played only 4 league games since Jan 2nd
    The boys are knackered already after 3 of the 7,but this definitely is not the team i signed up to support over 50 years ago,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    It's probably just me, but I still have a gut feeling that St Mirren can't just keep ploughing out the results as they've been doing. They really aren't great. If they pull it off, good luck to them. However, literally ALL their results are narrow wins where the opposition have missed great chances or been unlucky in other ways. Even at this late stage I still feel we can pull this off - our maximum possible total is now 79 points. To exceede that, St Mirren still need seven wins from their remaining games. It is unlikely but not yet impossible- keep the faith guys, oh and keep playing Matty Smith.
    Well it's phucking impossible now. Shambles, the whole rotten structure is a phucking shambles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)