+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Aston Villa v Wolves Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Nathan Blake said the same too, the sides below have momentum we have been sub standard since the Sunderland game... apart from Sheff Utd and Leeds. You know what, we’ve played some amazing football this season, now we’ve got to show that we’ve got the cojones to finish the job.... Simple.
    Norton, i think it may be as simple as a little change.

Jota and Bonatini have been wonderful this season but both look a bit flat to me at the moment. Maybe try Helder Costa with Afobe as an alternative attacking option?
    After all this time it looks like opposing teams are learning to deal with our front 3.

As for tonight, blatant penalty decision aside, our defending was shocking. We made Villa look like champions elect.

I think Bonatini is shot confidence wise, he needs to be taken out of the equation for the next game...His link up play might be great but we need to create and convert chances, that’s not happening enough in my opinion... Id start Afobe against Reading, see where that takes us.

Wolves got what they fully deserved, especially for the the way they collapsed in the second half. Poor defending for each goal, especially from set-pieces. I'm disappointed after each defeat, but more so the defeats to the likes of QPR and Forest. Villa had nine seasoned ex premier league players on the pitch with vast experience. At 1-1 i would have taken that scoreline, but the two quick goals in the second half killed us. Time to move onto the Reading game with Wolves still seven points clear of third. It's over the season where it counts.

I didn't see the game on Saturday, I only saw the scoreline later in the evening. Anyone looking at a 4-1 beating would have thought we must have been dreadfull.

However, I watched the game this afternoon on catch up and we were far from dreadfull. Ok Villa played well but the result could have been so different. To my eye Neves made a good tackle, but was penalised and from the resulting free kick Villa went in front. We then had a good shout for a penalty when Docherty was clattered in the home sides penalty area, but the referee was not interested. There was another penalty claim when the free kick that Neves took was clearly handled by the Villa defender. The referee was not more than a few metres away but remained unmoved. Had these incidents gone our way we could be now six points clear.

It is up to the players now to pull together and prove to all that they are worthy of becoming champions, starting of tomorrow evening against Reading.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)