+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think the phrase we're looking for is

I think the phrase we're looking for is

...get into them and fuck them up.

So, with that in mind, here's the Team vs Southampton thread.

................................Dubravka.......... ..........................

Yedlin...................Lascelles..........Lejeun e.......Dummett

Ritchie.....................Shelvey..........Diame ........Kennedy

.........................Murphy................... ........

................................Gayle..........

Iif Shelvey's not fit then I'd put Merino in...and hope he doesn't put a woolly performance in otherwise he could be left feeling sheepish and we'd be lambs to the slaughter. Sorry to ram the point home but ewe get my drift? I cud carry on but I might get baa'd. Shame Shearer isn't still pl... ah, I'm stopping meself, man )

Stop acting the goat zippy .pity mbemba aint fit as i would use that side drop murphy push shelvey further up and play mbemba as a defensive midfielder

It'll be interesting to see how he does set out and also how he finishes.

Both teams are in a similar position in terms of goals scored and conceded, so there's absolutely no requirement from either side to be anywhere near cautious enough to spend the time concentrating on defensive methods.

I'd say the team above should be very close to how we'll start....however, I think the only difference could be in Merino for Murphy and Murphy being used as a sub along with Atsu for a later assault.

It's also possible that Joselu will start and Gayle being another later sub to take advantage of weaker legs.

All if's and but's.

I just hope and pray that we take the entire game to them in a balanced way and not in any quick raid and backs to the wall for 15 minutes, scenario.

Time for Rafa to earn his corn. The season starts right now.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 10-03-2018 at 10:45 AM.

If it's not too late already, we need to win today to stay up, so we have to start quickly and make sure we get that first goal so we are in control. If you look at the other fixtures today we could get ourselves some breathing room and take the pressure off ahead of the next game, which is another must-win.

Aaaaaaarl the lads...

I liked Mbemba until this season, he's been woeful.... seeing Dummett make such a difference highlights this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1981_2 View Post
    If it's not too late already, we need to win today to stay up, so we have to start quickly and make sure we get that first goal so we are in control. If you look at the other fixtures today we could get ourselves some breathing room and take the pressure off ahead of the next game, which is another must-win.

Aaaaaaarl the lads...
    to be fair, if we drew today (although it would be disappointing and would attract huge amounts of criticism) and the bottom 3 all lost, it wouldn't be the end of the world, a defeat however.....

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    to be fair, if we drew today (although it would be disappointing and would attract huge amounts of criticism) and the bottom 3 all lost, it wouldn't be the end of the world, a defeat however.....
    I think you have to look at where else we can realistically hope to get 3 points in other games, and there's really only 2 or 3 other games left where that is plausible. For me, we have to get the win - it's a home game against a relegation rival, and if you don't win those games there's only one place you're going. Southampton still have 3 or 4 games they could win (similar to us, so a 1 point difference between us after today isn't good enough), and Palace actually have 6 games they could win. Even a win might not be good enough when you look at the fixtures (I'm not looking at Stoke or West Brom as I think they're both doomed from what I've seen of them). Massive game.

By the way, isn't it sad that it's a matchday and more people would rather post in two separate threads discussing people who have more than one Footymad account than talk about a make or break match for the team we're all meant to support? The politics of this site has gone in the way of its purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    ...get into them and fuck them up.

So, with that in mind, here's the Team vs Southampton thread.

................................Dubravka.......... ..........................

Yedlin...................Lascelles..........Lejeun e.......Dummett

Ritchie.....................Shelvey..........Diame ........Kennedy

.........................Murphy................... ........

................................Gayle..........

Iif Shelvey's not fit then I'd put Merino in...and hope he doesn't put a woolly performance in otherwise he could be left feeling sheepish and we'd be lambs to the slaughter. Sorry to ram the point home but ewe get my drift? I cud carry on but I might get baa'd. Shame Shearer isn't still pl... ah, I'm stopping meself, man )
    With that team weīll get fleeced...................

boom boom tish

For me it is a must win game. I know itīs too early to be talking maths but we cannot leave it to realy on a Man U type upset to save ourselves later. I agree that we need to start fast (and as Zip so eloquently put "get into em and **** them up" - ah , the memories).

You win games like this at home, you survive, you draw/lose, you donīt.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)