+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rochdale Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Is it you Millertop ��
    I make mistakes but I’m not quite that thick

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Where I was sat most were booing/ shouting at the ref

There’s always one shouting offside from a goal kick
    This happened a lot when we were at Millmoor. Probably the same guy. Slightly ammusing.

Agree with the posters that suggest we were outmanaged. Hill packed midfield and got his players to counter very effectively, we couldn't really get to grips with this.

However, it wasn't just the tactics. What was starkly different for me in this game was was our inability to make quick accurate passes. Where we have outdone some excellent teams in the last two months it has been through tight pressing as a unit with quick sharp tackles and then being able to quickly find our team mates with accurate passes in very little space which creates space for attacks. We just couldn't find our passes yesterday and then therefore, even when we gained possession as usual, we quickly gave it away. Hence no rhythm throughout.

Add to that all of a sudden Forde and particularly Newell forgot how to cross, repeatedly either hitting first man or over hitting completely. So frustrating. The only really good cross I recall resulted in a ridiculously disallowed goal.

So not just being out managed but also letting ourselves down on what we have been so good at. Very frustrating day.

But huge praise to all for the last couple of months. Been a great ride! UTM?

I can't remember once in the match where Towell or Vaulks ctually controlled the ball, looked up and kept it when there wasn't anything on. They have some good young players.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Yes I've seen that video too. I didn't think there was anything wrong with Wood's "goal" at the time and the video proves there wasn't.
    I can't argue that we deserved anything today but it does make you wonder what might have happened if that goal had counted, particularly as it was right on half time.
    If the ref says he didn't see the so called foul by Wood surely he should have spoken to the linesman for his opinion - the lino had already made his decision by signalling a goal.Just one other point "why does Vaulks always look to the bench for approval on whether or not to go for a long throw - he did it every time a throw in was in a position for a long throw in the first half - he looks to the bench who on very few occasions said yes.,,,strange.PS Has Emmanuel been eating at Mc Donalds for the last two weeks - he looked hugely overweight today.

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    If the ref says he didn't see the so called foul by Wood surely he should have spoken to the linesman for his opinion - the lino had already made his decision by signalling a goal.Just one other point "why does Vaulks always look to the bench for approval on whether or not to go for a long throw - he did it every time a throw in was in a position for a long throw in the first half - he looks to the bench who on very few occasions said yes.,,,strange.PS Has Emmanuel been eating at Mc Donalds for the last two weeks - he looked hugely overweight today.
    Yes I’ve noticed Vaulks do that.
    Emmanuel is of a solid build but I thought he had his pudding yesterday

Reality check yesterday. Agree with all that has been said about the better team winning, referee (and indeed linesmen) and goalie being MOM. We were "bullied" into making bad passes, hurried decisions and we had no flow to the game. Disallowed goal crucial because it would have changed the half time team talks. Had it been allowed then Dale would have gone in deflated and the Millers buoyant but probably due a rollicking from Warney. I believe that we were hampered by not playing last week because it alters the flow of the training and for me the Millers looked slow. All this is conjecture though and we move on.

Irony of the day was when some Rochdale fans started singing "Rotherham's a ****hole I want to go home". Seriously? It's a wonder they didn't give a rendition of "You're just a town full of *****s".

A few Rotherham fans sang that at Shrewsbury which made me smile.
    Shrewsbury town centre is well worth a visit and the surrounding area is good too.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345