+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How did we get on at Boro today ?

Ive just watched the West Ham game on MOTD. Disgusting behaviour from some of their fans. I'm all for letting the owners know how you feel and can fully understand the depth of feeling considering the expectation at the club.

BUT

Fans running on the pitch arguing with players, fans abusing the directors box where families were sitting, fans fighting with stewards. not the way to go on for me whatever the grievance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    PH players aren’t mine
    Fans.... oh well ... Patience then, poor Lamb

JM I can get this lot going
    Fans 5 Games, more away points than Hecky managed in twice as many games..... on thi bike lad!!!!
    Not surprised managers don’t want to come here , and when they do come and do well, want out of here as soon as!

Roma, agree wi thi
    The club aint a championship club , it belongs in league one where it can hold its own .

People past and present have done as good as they could be expected to do .

Everytime the club looked to be pushing on the previous owner pulled the rug under the managers feet and either cut the budget or sold the talent .

If you want to progress in football you have to speculate , the previous owner wasn't prepared to and the new one's don't strike me as any different .

We belong in league one where we deserve to be .

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    Ive just watched the West Ham game on MOTD. Disgusting behaviour from some of their fans. I'm all for letting the owners know how you feel and can fully understand the depth of feeling considering the expectation at the club.

BUT

Fans running on the pitch arguing with players, fans abusing the directors box where families were sitting, fans fighting with stewards. not the way to go on for me whatever the grievance.
    Sometimes in life to make an omelette you have to crack an egg or two .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Some seem to really want the bloke to fail, I don’t see what he’s done wrong . He’s applied for a job to coach our club , tried to change things which is hard when your stuck with a squad which is very meh . The bloke is trying to raise belief by making the players believe in themselves but Alex Ferguson would struggle to make anything out of these lads . The last bloke walked out and this one was prepared to take over a very average squad so why so many negative comments towards him.
    Agree
    If this lot stay up. My opinion is that we will finish top
    Half next season easy. Serious. Same position now as at Christmas prior to the run up league un.
    When some were thinking Hourihane wasnt good enough for the impending first division.
    Stay up this tine, and we will progress.
    Norwich Tuesday will convince many, or alienate many.
    I want Morais to stay next season. Down or not

Are you suggesting then Animal, that you don't care anymore about what happens to us in this current season ?.
    If Ive got this wrong then fair enough its my mistake, but if thats true then Im shocked that you of all the fans on here, really do think that.

I’m sure Animal cares, we all do
    But we see an impending fall. Like me, I’m sure you are all hoping we stay up and the current owners
    Spend a modest amount to get us competitive.
    Like SB, and others...I’m VERY sceptical that they bought he club to spend money wildly to get us up

It’s a gamble for them.. a Game of chance...

We’ll stop up, no problem, then it’s a boring mid table finish next season and then 8th the following year. I don’t know what happens after that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Are you suggesting then Animal, that you don't care anymore about what happens to us in this current season ?.
    If Ive got this wrong then fair enough its my mistake, but if thats true then Im shocked that you of all the fans on here, really do think that.
    I'm simply taking the emotion out of it acido and looking at the situation for what it is .

Emotion takes us to places that are sometimes unrealistic , we expect miracles from HC's who haven't the tools to do the job .

We expect player's to perform higher than their ability can deliver .

We expect owners past and present to risk their own money to make us successful .

We are where we are because we are a small town club in a league that we can't realistically compete in .

There's little point pursuing this thing any longer based on pure emotion .

I'm at a place with the club that's allowed me to be emotion free for a number of reasons and I'm now looking at this thing for what it is .

I made a promise to myself well over 30 years ago I'd never involve myself in something I couldn't realistically win , football has a habit of throwing your head in places you wouldn't normally visit .

I'm emotion free .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 11-03-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm simply taking the emotion out of it acido and looking at the situation for what it is .
    Emotion takes us to places that are sometimes unrealistic , we expect miracles from HC's who haven't the tools to do the job .
    We expect player's to perform higher than their ability can deliver .
    We expect owners past and present to risk their own money to make us successful .
    We are where we are because we are a small town club in a league that we can't realistically compete in .
    There's little point pursuing this thing any longer based on pure emotion .
    I'm at a place with the club that's allowed me to be emotion free for a number of reasons and I'm now looking at this thing for what it is . I made a promise to myself well over 30 years ago I'd never involve myself in something I couldn't realistically win , football has a habit of throwing your head in places you wouldn't normally visit . I'm emotion free .
    I do agree with the idea that teams deserve to go down every season, and surely nobody can say they are unlucky to go down after 46 games can they ?.
    As I said earlier on tonight I wish I also could cut my ties completely with the club at times, not just on match days but full stop as well because Im so peed off with them. But its in the head and its in the heart as well isnt it, we'll never stop being Tykes fans no matter what division we're in.
    When fans of clubs like ours say you've got to accept the lows because it makes the highs so much more enjoyable etc... well I cant really disagree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I do agree with the idea that teams deserve to go down every season, and surely nobody can say they are unlucky to go down after 46 games can they ?.
    As I said earlier on tonight I wish I also could cut my ties completely with the club at times, not just on match days but full stop as well because Im so peed off with them. But its in the head and its in the heart as well isnt it, we'll never stop being Tykes fans no matter what division we're in.
    When fans of clubs like ours say you've got to accept the lows because it makes the highs so much more enjoyable etc... well I cant really disagree with that.
    Our highs were winning twice in 6 weeks at wembley as a league one club , it's possibly as good as it's going to get with the way the game is today .

If owners as wealthy as we have won't risk their money then what does that tell you about our potential in this day and age .

If they aren't prepared to speculate with that amount of wealth behind them then why should I get myself emotionally involved given that emotion is the only currency I have .

That's why I don't give a fuq .

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast