+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts v FGR away

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I enjoyed that read and tarks match report. Just looking forward to durham's take now.
    It was better than of late, although we could easily have lost the game during the second half when we did our usual trick of sitting too deep. Nice food and a good 3 points..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    It was better than of late, although we could easily have lost the game during the second half when we did our usual trick of sitting too deep. Nice food and a good 3 points..
    Cheers durham. On Noble's goal , it said on the radio it looked like the ref was about to give a penalty. Did he look like he was to you ?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Cheers durham. On Noble's goal , it said on the radio it looked like the ref was about to give a penalty. Did he look like he was to you ?
    The ref looked across at the linesman as though wanting confirmation of the penalty, then Noble scored.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The ref looked across at the linesman as though wanting confirmation of the penalty, then Noble scored.
    If Noble hadn't scored and the ref didn't give a penalty I think given what happened on Tuesday, Nolan would have gone into meltdown! Why look at the linesman anyway . I know it helps if the assistant gives it as well but like the other night, it looked a stonewall peno to me. Any thoughts on the ref? The only good one I have seen this season on my travels as been the ref at Morecambe. The worst , the guy at Newport who looked at his assistant ( the lanky one) every time a decision had to be made.

Just watched the whole game back on ifollow. We looked solid for most of the game I believe. Tahvon Campbell's goal was a bit of a worldy really, nowt much we could have done about that. Just a shame he never got firing on all cylinders for us.

Someone mentioned bringing Virtue on as the reason why we lost the goal...bit harsh that. I thought he did ok.

Tootle MOM for me. Unsung hero was Karl Dickinson, thought he played really well, as did all the back 4 really. The game plan was executed very well as FGR are scrapping for points at the moment. Thought Stead and Alessandra did well too. Thankfully Noble played well! Cheers Liam!

All in all, a great team performance. I enjoyed the watch. Bring on the Slags!

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Just watched the whole game back on ifollow. We looked solid for most of the game I believe. Tahvon Campbell's goal was a bit of a worldy really, nowt much we could have done about that. Just a shame he never got firing on all cylinders for us.

Someone mentioned bringing Virtue on as the reason why we lost the goal...bit harsh that. I thought he did ok.

Tootle MOM for me. Unsung hero was Karl Dickinson, thought he played really well, as did all the back 4 really. The game plan was executed very well as FGR are scrapping for points at the moment. Thought Stead and Alessandra did well too. Thankfully Noble played well! Cheers Liam!

All in all, a great team performance. I enjoyed the watch. Bring on the Slags!
    I did not blame Virtue for the goal, my point was why change a system that was working and where we were controlling the game?

Their goal was within minutes of our changes....and down the exact side that we changed.....up until then, they were clueless and shooting from range......and they almost scored a second goal within a few minutes of their first apart from a very weird rebound, into the back of the keeper and fell stone~dead into the turf.

All I was saying is why change a winning system?

ps Virtue and Husin are decent players....ones for the future though.....at the moment we need Nobsa and Hewey in the middle to graft out a few more wins, starting against Mansfield

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123