+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come on the villa

Come on the villa

Proper decent sounding atmosphere at the ground. I can't get there as we are overdue a baby imminent at any moment)

A win would really rock the wolves and their super agent!

What a marvelous win over the moon. Congrats on the new bubba as well.

Unbelievable performance. Absolutely dominated them. Except for a spell after each goal we scored they were out of it. They were a little unlucky not to get 2 pens at 3-1 and one could have been a red to Uncle Albert but before that they were lucky not to have 2 straight reds one to Jota in the first half from all accounts. I turned my head away for that one and there was no replay.

I read that a Wolves fan said our Jack couldn't get into their 18 this week. LOL. He was by far the best player on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by stateside View Post
    Unbelievable performance. Absolutely dominated them. Except for a spell after each goal we scored they were out of it. They were a little unlucky not to get 2 pens at 3-1 and one could have been a red to Uncle Albert but before that they were lucky not to have 2 straight reds one to Jota in the first half from all accounts. I turned my head away for that one and there was no replay.

I read that a Wolves fan said our Jack couldn't get into their 18 this week. LOL. He was by far the best player on the pitch.
    Penalties blah blah blah.

You wanted it, fought for it, got it.

Deserved

Quote Originally Posted by stateside View Post

Well deserved win for you boys. Not wanting to take anything away from it but as for "dominating" the game there wasn't anything to dominate really was there? We were pathetic. In the first half I thought both sides looked poor. The difference in the second half was that you guys stepped it up a bit and we got bloody worse!

It's going to be a tight finish to the season that's for sure but hopefully we will both make it. Maybe we can get our revenge next year.

Great to see good old Villa park full of life as well.

That's big of you lot to come here. Not sure you were as bad as you made out. Was still nervous until the 4th went in. This was our most solid game. Fans were even thrilled with the first half performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan View Post
    What a marvelous win over the moon. Congrats on the new bubba as well.
    Cheers Oz

10th April is a huuuuge game now - this league is fun! *

*but I'd like to be out of it

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Cheers Oz

10th April is a huuuuge game now - this league is fun! *

*but I'd like to be out of it
    This is the most competitive league I .e almost any side can defeat anyone (with the obvious exception of Birmingham City)

I fully appreciate the financial implications of this hair brain idea ...

I would have no objections to Munchester United, Munchester £ity Liverplop etc playing in a European league
    with all the other sides who build teams by throwing Billions at it

Then implement some real “Financial fair play rules”

Include some regulations forcing teams to play “home grown Talent“ we might see a league of evenly matched teams instead of 8 or so cannon fodder sides -

Looks like I need to leave alcohol alone eh ?

It's getting exciting now! Well done lads

Sam, all the best to you and your better half. Let us know when you have some news! x

Fair play to the Wolves lads coming on here, first half I thought they looked very good with the ball and worked hard without it. For all of that endeavour they threatened only twice, their goal itself was a bit lucky but you could sense it was coming. Credit to Wolves as they kept right at it believing they could get something from the game.

The ref had a poor game, Grealish's booking was a great tackle for example.

On our performance, got forward loads, Adomah's delivery was for the most part terrible but when you get as many chances to cross it as he did, eventually one comes off. The midfield worked their socks off to close down the threat they have down the flanks and Grabban's quality on the ball coupled with Jack's passing & movement caused them no end of problems. Great solo goal from Thor with gold shirts all round him, they'll be embarrassed about that.

An all round great team performance, fair play to Bruce on how he set us up and for the changes he made when he made them. Feels like we have the Villa we know & love back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)