+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Middlesbrough - why?

I hope the owner has a plan for next season, if not we can easily go into free fall.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Spot on. That first half season he was in charge I was amazed how good we were attacking wise. I thought I'd misjudged the bloke. Then he settled in........
    At the moment hlc he is one of the bigger fishes in a slightly smaller pond...the proof will come if and when they get promotion.

But good luck to Middlesbrough I like them and their owner.

Quote Originally Posted by wbatillidie View Post
    I hope the owner has a plan for next season, if not we can easily go into free fall.
    Someone has certainly got to be ahead of the game or your fears will happen...

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    It was pretty much the same at West Brom...as sure as God made little green apples he will revert to type.
    If they do go up, the 40 point mentality will return, and he will fill the team with defenders and holding midfielders, he has to protect his "never been relegated" status.

Quote Originally Posted by curlybaggie View Post
    If they do go up, the 40 point mentality will return, and he will fill the team with defenders and holding midfielders, he has to protect his "never been relegated" status.
    That millstone will get heavier each season, however, I think he had a long enough run of bad results a baggies to be relegated, just didn't run all in one season.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    That millstone will get heavier each season, however, I think he had a long enough run of bad results a baggies to be relegated, just didn't run all in one season.

GLM - Pulis went last year so get over it! Pardew has achieved far less points per game since taking over, and embarrassed the club as there's quite clearly no discipline, and made some absolute baffling decisions. Whilst Pulis had to go, it's pretty much certain he would have achieved far more points than Pardew in his 16 games as the defense would have been a lot tighter for a start. I was glad Pulis went, but perhaps he set up not to lose a game, because deep down he knew the squad was piss poor - seems very odd Pardew did not bring anyone in with the Jan window apart from a croc who was always going to be a huge risk.

Apart from Berahino, I do not do grudges so good luck to Pulis at Middlesbrough! The Boro supporters appreciate him, they are playing good attacking football, and they have a chairman ( unlike ours ) who is passionate about the club and its progress. I am sure if Middlesbrough played us at the moment, they would beat us, as would a number of the top six teams who have what we don't have - love of the badge - grit - give 100% - some quality yes quality and no johnny big boots type players!

If someone should get the blame it's the Board!

Where's the investment?
    Why did Pulis not have gardening leave?
    Why was Pardew not sacked pre Huddersfield match to give us some hope!
    What a fecking mess with Evans being released for 3 million. Why did we not get the 15 million plus as he's been crap this year?
    Why gamble on one player for 4 million with an absolute awful injury record in the Jan window? Divide 4 million into season tickets and you might cry!!!
    Why is Hammond still there? No doubt that's why Pardew was not sacked - disgusting as it's protection of his chum!
    Chadli - why did we not take the money when we could and same with Rondon? Both are a complete waste!
    Lai - what a w anker and he will strip our club you will see! No passion - a couple of games a season - no love!

So Pulis must thank the lucky stars he's not at a shambles of a football club and now has a chairman who cares and invests!

Will we come back up? Not a chance with the mentality of our Board and set up! The whole thing is a mess!

So if you need to blame anyone - blame the useless Board and Chinese Runt and not someone who left last year who now must think - thank the Lord!
    Last edited by baggieal; 12-03-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)