+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Title Over??? Second Place???

Hate to say this, however there are so many things wrong with this squad ( and sorry have to say it - the manager ) that if we somehow managed to scrape our way up in the play offs ( Ha ! ) a season of disaster would be highly likely and probably straight back down.

However painful, it might actually be better to rebuild everything in the Championship next season. And I mean everything , mass clearout, and move forward in a structured way building the club back up again.

I think that’s what we will be doing anyway, it would be a miracle as things stand if we go up.

I've said for a while now there is no chance of promotion this season with this squad. What we need is to allow the manager to build something, even if that is to take a couple of season after this. To allow this we need a VERY strong board.

Problem is unfortunately I have never been convinced by Shabba. Hard to deny things have got worse since he came in (we were actually top at that time)

The recruitment in January was overall really poor. The team selections almost as bad as Mixu sometimes.

The team on the pitch do not look well organised - the first half yesterday they looked like they had never met one another before. It wasn’t just lack of ideas going forward the defensive unit were a shambles sometimes. The bouncing ball in the 6 yard box where no one would head it was like nothing seen before!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I've said for a while now there is no chance of promotion this season with this squad. What we need is to allow the manager to build something, even if that is to take a couple of season after this. To allow this we need a VERY strong board.
    To allow this we, as a support, also need to be strong, patient, supportive, tolerant. This will be very difficult if we are getting served up the kind of pish we have witnessed the past few months, (years ! ). I tend to be on the more positive side of things when it comes to all things United, however this is becoming increasingly more difficult after the effing torture we have endured in so many respects past while.

I hope we as a support can unite behind our club as we build for the future. DUFC will improve , no doubt about it, keep the faith Arabs . I’ve even convinced myself I am looking forward to the QOTS gehm on Tuesday now.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Problem is unfortunately I have never been convinced by Shabba. Hard to deny things have got worse since he came in (we were actually top at that time)

The recruitment in January was overall really poor. The team selections almost as bad as Mixu sometimes.

The team on the pitch do not look well organised - the first half yesterday they looked like they had never met one another before. It wasn’t just lack of ideas going forward the defensive unit were a shambles sometimes. The bouncing ball in the 6 yard box where no one would head it was like nothing seen before!!!
    Agree with all this LS.

THAT bouncing 6yard farce is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen. Muppetry.

And whilst not wanting to single out one individual , I am afraid I’ve had it with the young goalie. Indecisive, fannying about at the back, kicking , numerous other matters. Time for a change there. Although as usual the other factor is that feking shambolic mess of a defence in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Agreed!
    Surely not Csaba?????!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Surely not Csaba?????!!!!!
    So far we've had:

1) Surely not MacNamara
    2) Surely not Mixu
    3) Surely not McKnnon

Now we are on Surely not Csaba!

Let's see what he does over the rest of the season. This lot of players are very unlikely to give us a sniff of promotion. At the end of the season most will join the dole queue, possibly softened by League 2 part-time playing contracts.

There is a very clear pattern developing at Tannadice, i.e.. 'Surely not whoever is next in the managerial seat.'

Mike Martin is sticking with the Shabs meantime, possibly for next season as well? This is more likely influenced by lack of cash than anything else. We need to rebuild with youth, etc. This will take 2-3 seasons at least to bear fruit. Obviously some skilful pros will need to be signed to bring experience to the side. We are going nowhere without this. There is no hurry to oust Shabs. What would we do....employ someone else whose hands are tied behind his back and slap a gagging order in his contract so he carries the can in the inevitable event of failure? United aren't suddenly going to come good. We need to look long term if we are to get back to where we were. Look over your shoulder to our city cousins? They are in a constant state of struggling to recover from their fall from grace some 40 years or so ago. There is a very real prospect this could become our fate.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    So far we've had:

1) Surely not MacNamara
    2) Surely not Mixu
    3) Surely not McKnnon

Now we are on Surely not Csaba!

Let's see what he does over the rest of the season. This lot of players are very unlikely to give us a sniff of promotion. At the end of the season most will join the dole queue, possibly softened by League 2 part-time playing contracts.

There is a very clear pattern developing at Tannadice, i.e.. 'Surely not whoever is next in the managerial seat.'

Mike Martin is sticking with the Shabs meantime, possibly for next season as well? This is more likely influenced by lack of cash than anything else. We need to rebuild with youth, etc. This will take 2-3 seasons at least to bear fruit. Obviously some skilful pros will need to be signed to bring experience to the side. We are going nowhere without this. There is no hurry to oust Shabs. What would we do....employ someone else whose hands are tied behind his back and slap a gagging order in his contract so he carries the can in the inevitable event of failure? United aren't suddenly going to come good. We need to look long term if we are to get back to where we were. Look over your shoulder to our city cousins? They are in a constant state of struggling to recover from their fall from grace some 40 years or so ago. There is a very real prospect this could become our fate.
    All you say doesn't make Csaba a good manager. I'd prefer to look at what he's done with the players he has inherited and brought to the club.

He still doesn't know who his best 11 are.

He still doesn't know what formation to play.

His tactics are very negative.

He puts players in positions that they aren't comfortable in.

He doesn't motivate the players.

That's what makes him a bad manager, not who is in the boardroom.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    All you say doesn't make Csaba a good manager. I'd prefer to look at what he's done with the players he has inherited and brought to the club.

He still doesn't know who his best 11 are.

He still doesn't know what formation to play.

His tactics are very negative.

He puts players in positions that they aren't comfortable in.

He doesn't motivate the players.

That's what makes him a bad manager, not who is in the boardroom.

I didn't say Csaba was a good manager, nor do I quibble with your observations above. However, I do say that if the boardroom ain't right then the team on the park won't be right. Don't believe me? I asked you to take a squint up the road. Their boardroom hasn't been right for at least 40 years. Get the boardroom right and then we can start thinking about the team. We have seen some changes in the boardroom at Tannadice. Time is needed to see if these changes are for the better or are merely cosmetic. Punting Csaba in the meantime isn't going to solve anything. We have a pool of players who are on average, Championship level at best.......and we want them to get us into the Premier League?? Csaba is not a magician. Maybe some of his mistakes are down to trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear? The next manager will be the same. And the next one after that. Just look at recent history.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)