+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Title Over??? Second Place???

How many players are only here till end of season?

When I look at those players I see a group of "Do I look like give a ****?"

And I see a manager left with the headache of counteracting that apathy and trying to put out a team that will not simply give in once a goal down.

The last two games have at least shown that the team can respond.

Football is a process. We need to build something.

Csaba is experienced, qualified and committed to United. He should get the chance to build for the long term.

I wrote off this season a few months back but I'm tired of players who don't give a ****, dictating the time a manager has.

The players mostly don't know anything but full time football. They don't have the hunger. You look at part time players at Livi, Morton etc. All starving to get a shot at full time.

Right now I'm so sick of the don't give a **** players dictating everything.

Give Csaba a full season.

I don't disagree with your comments regarding the overall state of the club and the attitude of the modern day football player.

That doesn't mean we should keep on a manager who doesn't know what he's doing.

Maybe you disagree and think that he is a good manager, that's your opinion, but I can't see any evidence of that.

There are many problems, not least the squad and players.

However in respect of Csaba - not to put too fine a point on it , he havers a lot of pish frequently. This can be seen during the match when he stands shouting and gesticulating like a madman constantly on the touch line. The players pay no attention, he is ignored. This was highlighted during that Livi away debacle when Csaba was havering loudly towards Willo who was away to tak a throw in. Flood just stared at him and rolled his eyes. I seriously think the players ( many of whom are complete s.hite btw and culpable ) have no idea what he is trying to get across to them and are losing the will to listen to these rantings.

I wanted and want Shabba to do well here, However I really now feel he is not the man for this job. Hope I am wrong.

Should we remain in the Championship ( aye ok ) for me it has to be a new manager in for next season.

I suppose it all comes down to how you divide the blame.

I blame the players mostly.

They cross that white line and don't do the business.

McDonald etc have said that Laszlo let's the players give their opinions on the system etc. Even with input they can't motivate themselves to concentrate for 90 mins.

They can't motivate themselves to pass the ball forward. Watch Laszlo's frustrations when the players pass backwards or to the side

He wants it. He is hungry for it.

These players don't want it enough. They don't need it every day. They aren't hungry.

We need players that are starving to be professional full time footballers.

Players that knock themselves into the ground every day, scratching and clawing to stay and be successful as a full time pro.

Our players don't have it inside them. It isn't there.

Watch the part timers at other clubs in our division, they are starving, desperate for it. They work doing whatever jobs away from football and when they play they bury themselves into the ground.

A fair few of our full time pros will drop into part time and sink. They'll end up as personal trainers and herbalife sellers. Because they simply don't want it enough. They are taking it for granted.

That is why first and foremost on the footballing side we need to wipe the slate clean and start again with a new squad.

I'm happy to let Csaba with his work ethic and hunger have a crack at building it.

Me too, we simply can't keep shifting managers. Csaba has proven to be a good manager at previous clubs, we simply must let him build something here. We need the board to be strong and ignore the fans that think they know better when they don't.

How many of these players would get a game at Arbroath, Raith Rovers, Ayr or Alloa - perhaps not too many.

Next season United will be playing at least one, maybe two of these teams and they won't get an easy ride.

What a really disappointing and non - event of a season this has been.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    How many of these players would get a game at Arbroath, Raith Rovers, Ayr or Alloa - perhaps not too many.

Next season United will be playing at least one, maybe two of these teams and they won't get an easy ride.

What a really disappointing and non - event of a season this has been.

This is the crux of the matter imo. Just consider for a moment that our squad may be 'over' achieving, rather than under-achieving? Yes how many of them would walk into League 1 or League 2 sides? If the two Dundee teams amalgamated how many of our lot would make the joint player pool, never mind automatic choices for the first team?

There may be a communication barrier between Shabs and the players, hence the game of charades every match day.

Clue 1 - Four letters
    Clue 2 - an authorisation or route between two hills.
    Clue 3 - Oh f*** it, they've got the ball now.

Yesterday's game showed me yet again that we are the least organised team in the league. We have a mediocre (at best) defence. Maybe that's why for long spells we had nobody up front and everyone was back in defence, getting in each other's road.

Shabs may not be the man, but who on earth is? This team is going nowhere. We need to find out just who is responsible for signing new players.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Me too, we simply can't keep shifting managers. Csaba has proven to be a good manager at previous clubs, we simply must let him build something here. We need the board to be strong and ignore the fans that think they know better when they don't.
    I agree the manager turnaround here has been not only unacceptable, but a factor in the current mess. The problem is though the incumbents have been displaying muppetry of the highest order. Hence the mess.

We not only need a strong board as you say, but a competent board with vision and the best interest of DUFC at its core. That has not been the case for many moons. Hence the mess.

Your last statement about ignoring fans who “think they know better when they don’t” will probably antagonise a fair few folk. That’s your opinion and other Arabs are entitled to opinions also.

These are difficult and trying times for us Arabs and we are all trying to get to the root cause of all this s.hite which is complicated and has many contributing factors. I hope Shabba can turn this round, I am not seeing it at all at the moment or the past few months. Two home games coming up, defining for United, the players and the manager I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post

I suspect that is exactly the stance the board has taken in the recent past with fans.
    The fans who called for McNamara to be sacked in the summer, but instead was given more time to f uck the team up.
    The fans who questioned the running of the club under Thompson and were ignored by their own chairman until it suited him (season ticket time)
    The fans who now feel alienated by the club and no longer go to games (4,772 at the game yesterday)
    It hasn't been working.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    How many players are only here till end of season?

When I look at those players I see a group of "Do I look like give a ****?"

And I see a manager left with the headache of counteracting that apathy and trying to put out a team that will not simply give in once a goal down.

The last two games have at least shown that the team can respond.

Football is a process. We need to build something.

Csaba is experienced, qualified and committed to United. He should get the chance to build for the long term.

I wrote off this season a few months back but I'm tired of players who don't give a ****, dictating the time a manager has.

The players mostly don't know anything but full time football. They don't have the hunger. You look at part time players at Livi, Morton etc. All starving to get a shot at full time.

Right now I'm so sick of the don't give a **** players dictating everything.

Give Csaba a full season.
    No dont agree

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)