+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Title Over??? Second Place???

Losing Fraser and Fyvie was a fatal blow, our 2 best best players by a mile. Problem we have is inept managers to work out another way of winning plus signing of complete and utter trash in January.

Time and time again I look at others players in the division and they are better than what we have signed.

I think we will finish 3rd, and after the constant games for next 5 weeks will be knackered in play offs. Plus point is Fraser is coming back, Briels back fit too who at times looked decent.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Last season you could argue we had the 2nd best squad in the division. This season we're not in the top half. At the start of this season we were all confident we'd assembled the league's best squad. What happened? Chronic injury problems & sh!te January signings.
    Whoever recommended the like of Myng, Slater and Mason should be sacked with immediate effect!!!!

Hope springs eternal after tonight. If we can harness some of that Matty Smith and Phil Mikk momentum we can shoot up the table!

Was annoyed initially that Livi drew but then it’s also 2 less points for Morton

Overall - not a bad night!

Still annoyed at gifted Livi a needless 2 pts at the death from stupidity

However game at a time, we need to look upwards only, not much training just playing and maybe find form

After today I’m thinking that is title race over. Our chances are as dead as a dodo.

Need to secure second now with minimum fuss and prep for play offs

Even if we manage to get a crack at it again I really canny see us beating any of the top flight sides, we defend like a pub team, it's embarrassing.

As best as i can work out and as we proved today, we wont win all the remaining games and the title "fight" will be over with 3 games to go. Could even be over when St Mirren depart Tannadice in April.

As for securing second, we still have a good chance but we have to beat Morton and Livi on the way. Should we make it there, i dont think Ross County will recover, i dont want Dundee and i expect Connar will show up for Partick against us!

Was listening to Chick the prick Young on the radio driving home. The smug Hun pseudo Saint Mirren fan was trying to figure out when and where Saints will clinch the title. This may sound a bit Kevin Keegan but I would love it if someone/ anyone could wipe the grin off his pus (I'm realistic enough to know it won't be us).

Maybe next season if we are in same league we might be able to get one over them and wipe smile from chick’s face.

Unfortunately before then there is no chance

Even if we get to the play-play-offs I'm not confident of actually getting to have a go against second bottom in the league above. Other teams in positions two, three or four in the Championship will fancy their chances against us. Hate to say it but I'd fancy their chances too.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)