+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Title Over??? Second Place???

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    Eddie T kept changing managers until he stuck with Craig Levein.
    So you're advocating getting lucky rather than making a reasoned judgement.

I agree we can't keep punting manager after manager every 6 month but come on Eh! That line up on Saturday was laughable! Why was Gillespie no even in the pool! And another thing I never thought I'd say this but bring the edge back!

Picking that same team that won 3-1 away from home was a sensible thing to do. Csaba needs to start learning who is letting him down.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Picking that same team that won 3-1 away from home was a sensible thing to do. Csaba needs to start learning who is letting him down.
    I agree Terry. If he hadn't picked the Palmerston team he would have been berated. It's a no-win as per usual. Tonite we might expect to see McMullan in the starting XI. Will he start Fraser & Ralston though? One of them & likely the latter. Fraser might get half an hour. Depending on how the game's going naturally.

Disagree, we were at home, Quinn should never play never mind at home in midfield

Qots must have been bad last Tues, fingers crossed they are again tonight

Other than the 4-2 defeat - where Zwick was pretty bad in goals I think QOS always seem poor when we play them. Reliant on Dobbie. I’m shocked how high up the league they always seem to manage to be.

On wider point I am strongly in favour of keeping managers and not being short term. Problem is when you realise you have made bad pick there is no point persevering when it is to detriment of club.

We should be up at top if this division never mind a well back second place. If Shabba is not going to deliver then should get in PH and Laurie assisting to end of season.

Hope I am wrong and tonight and Saturday are start of major improvement in performance and results. Best case would be stick with Shabba and get promoted

I personally think that Csaba will walk through the revolving manager's door at Tannadice should United fail to win promotion via the play offs this season.

Like the two managers before him, he has been let down badly by the players who downed their tools, but he is also responsible for team tactics, formations and selecting the starting 11 - the combination of all these factors will probably cost him his job should United fail to go up.

I don't like changing managers, he has been let down by the players, he has not been in the job long - but can we really afford to risk another year of uncertainty.

If he can win the play offs then he should keep his job - anything less would be a failure.

Csaba needs a little bit of good fortune, some luck and he needs the players firing on all cylinders. I hope he can pull this off and motivate the squad of players to win the play offs - but it won't be easy.

Will be in attendance at tonight's Queens match and hoping that United can gel as a team and play attractive , attacking football ( but will settle for just a win ) !!!
    Last edited by ClashCityRocker; 20-03-2018 at 05:11 PM.

We were favourite to win this league at start of the season.

We were top when Shabba took over.

Total is gone and second place looking remote. Next the play offs will start to fall away.

We need a change whilst there is still a chance to salvage something from this season.

What is the point in waiting until end of season to get rid of Shabba - does anyone seriously want him in charge of the rebuild if we do stay down in the summer??

Apart from Ralston NONE of the starting 11 or the 3 subs that came on were the January buys. We filled our squad with rubbish even worse than what we already had.

Absolute shambles. A gutless performance and things keep getting worse under Shabba - too many totally unacceptable performances

This time next year, UTD will be in the play-offs.

Relegation ones!

Lads, I don't normally post .

But this will be the one and only post until i see some major changes. I wont be back with kids. Its a truly shocking team, shocking manager and terrible style of football.

I know i wont be the only one after tonight.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)