+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting piece.

Interesting piece.

Yes, it's The Sun (I know), but what does this say of us as a support? Sitting in the East Stand I can't say I recognise all of this, but when it comes to the George Fox specials................

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...nverness-quit/

I'm a Gee Eff Upper and I can remember some abuse being hurled in his direction. I don't recall it being excessive, though certainly unpleasant for the target to listen to. I think every player has had their dose. Basically the fans are ultra frustrated with things at Tannadice. For most the last thing they want to do is stop going to the games. Their frustration boils over with the continual rubbish they have to endure, which to their eyes is steadily getting worse, not better. It eventually comes down to attendance with abuse or empty seats, with the latter ultimately winning.

The boy was hopeless.

Josh Windass summed it up perfectly on Soccer AM there.

He said that there's a lot of pressure playing for Rangers because it's great when there's 50 thousand people shouting for you but when things are going badly and the fans are on your back, that's when the good players show themselves.

If the boy can't take the pressure of being a professional footballer, he should jack it in and get a real job.

If other players are keeping you out the game, it tells me you are not doing enough either at training or on the pitch at a game. Its up to the player to work harder and achieve, not to sulk back into a corner and hide away.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    The boy was hopeless.
    Him being hopeless is one thing and I doubt many would disagree with you, but the comments about the "toxic" atmosphere and the abuse aimed at the current players has to be a concern. No idea how you deal with it either. There is no way to quickly get rid of this problem.

We are in a situation where we need players who are above the quality that we currently have to take us to the level above where we currently are. How are we going to attract players like that when one foot wrong and they will be subjected to a torrent of abuse?

We are supposed to be supporters, this is not support.

A nonsense article from a newspaper that hates us because of what we supposedly did to their beloved Sevco. Yet another pathetic snowflake from a generation that can't take criticism.

He's right to some extent. Have to agree with above though, good players rise to the challenge and use it to kick on.

He's happy at ICT because they're a small club with minimal expectation from what supporters they have. That's probably about his level to be fair.

Aw poor wee petal.
    There are two ways you can deal with criticism, you can slink away, down tools and feel sorry for yourself
    or you can use it to galvanise, try harder and get it right up the mumpers.
    Unfortunately these days at Dundee United most players choose the former.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Him being hopeless is one thing and I doubt many would disagree with you, but the comments about the "toxic" atmosphere and the abuse aimed at the current players has to be a concern. No idea how you deal with it either. There is no way to quickly get rid of this problem.

We are in a situation where we need players who are above the quality that we currently have to take us to the level above where we currently are. How are we going to attract players like that when one foot wrong and they will be subjected to a torrent of abuse?

We are supposed to be supporters, this is not support.
    For a start, our supporters are no different to supporters all over the country. Our reactions are determined by the team's performances.

I'm not a supporter in the sense that I'll go along and watch any old sh!te that United offer up. Some people reckon you should follow your team through thick and thin but blind loyalty isn't my bag. I'm not paying hundreds of pounds a year to watch a manager that can't manage and players that can't do the basics or take a bit of deserved criticism. And to say "How are we going to attract players like that when one foot wrong and they will be subjected to a torrent of abuse?" - Players don't get abuse for putting one foot wrong. They get abuse for serving up mince week in, week out.

The superfans will go week in week out despite the product on the park but if you want to keep the home end figures over 2000, it's people like me that the club need to try and attract to games.

Characterless players like Donaldson won't get me through the gates.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)