+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the 7 teams below us.....

the 7 teams below us.....

.... we've played 12 games against them (with West Brom and Huddersfield still to come to us) and in those 12 games we have 7 wins 4 draws and 1 defeat (2nd game of the season at huddersfield)

25 points from 12 games against our relegation rivals.....

but people still question Rafa's tactics?

he obviously knows how to get the results that matter!

Exactly ....and if we can beat Hudd and WBA then we should be OK IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    .... we've played 12 games against them (with West Brom and Huddersfield still to come to us) and in those 12 games we have 7 wins 4 draws and 1 defeat (2nd game of the season at huddersfield)

25 points from 12 games against our relegation rivals.....

but people still question Rafa's tactics?

he obviously knows how to get the results that matter!
    Exactly!

No matter what the f**ktard tries to say (and notice he isn’t about on any name today since the win... well, mostly)... teams who are punching above their weight have to give away possession and hit teams on the counter... we did that to make 5th, FFS Leicester did it to take the title!

Our entire midfield were awesome today, and If Slimani can get sorted in the next 3 weeks before our next fixture against Huddersfield and we take 3 points there then we’ve got to be 1 win from safety.

Also, Knockaert missing Huddersfield and Leicester in the league will make it a lot trickier for them to stretch ahead of us in the table.

I think west Brom and with their remaining fixtures Southampton are down
    Are we better than
    Stoke
    West Ham
    Huddersfield
    Swansea
    Palace
    Brighton
    I think so

Just seen Southampton's remaining fixtures on MoTD...reckon they might be fucked too. I said before the game that the loser would go down and nowt's changed me mind.

the bookies have us and Brighton comfortable at 12th and 13th

I'd still take 17th....

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post

I'd still take 17th....
    In a heartbeat, Mick.

Sad that it's come to this but that's where we are.

Need to see the remaining fixtures results today and Mon night, could turn out very well for us...

Arsenal v Watford
    Bournemouth v Spurs
    Stoke v Citeh (Mon night)

Think a win against Huddersfield next game, at the end of the month, would be a massive step toward safety and a real confidence boost just when we need it most.

Think most of the teams below us have relatively similar fixtures, though Palace probably have the easier run in, but given how all of the teams (apart from West Brom) have took points (or should have taken points) against teams up at the top of the table, it’s still impossible to call just yet.

I’m just hoping results go our way in the next month so we can confirm survival before the end of the season... that should flush out any prospective take over deals, and i’d rather see that happen sooner than later... because I reckon Fatty won’t invest in the team with that in mind (again) and we can’t spend another transfer window where we bring in a cheap as chips striker, or injured players on loan.

Pellegrino gone.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)