+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to put up or shut up.

Rather simple.

He's a scum fan. A rather low IQ one at that. He enjoys posting on other teams boards and ours is a good one since we don't monitor it tight and we don't wear yellow and green scarves on game days.

wonder what he tells his buds at the local pub? "I spend hours posting on the Leeds footymad site and winding them up". Sure that impresses them to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    Don't worry about how many people post or how or what they think, it's a free country. We all know your opinion and that's fair enough but let people be optimistic if that's what makes them happy. I really don't understand why it bothers you TBH.
    if you face up to reality about your team , you wont be disappointed when it all goes pear shaped .

there is an old saying its the hope that kills you, but hoping for success with a team that is not capable or good enough , is basically putting yourself, through a suicide mission every season , and this club are past masters at doing it on a regular basis .

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Rather simple.

He's a scum fan. A rather low IQ one at that. He enjoys posting on other teams boards and ours is a good one since we don't monitor it tight and we don't wear yellow and green scarves on game days.

wonder what he tells his buds at the local pub? "I spend hours posting on the Leeds footymad site and winding them up". Sure that impresses them to no end.
    yankee doodle dandy is back in town again . lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    you must be mental , dont read drivel then. lol

of course its the absolute truth lol , the hordes of deluded idiots who used to post on here, as now become a mere trickle, as the reality of the situation as become clearer and clearer over many years.
    No you've bored them to death LOL LOL LOL TROLL TROLL TROLL BLAH BLAH BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Rather simple.

Spot on fella ....LOL LOL LOL

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Ok, you asked for it.......

Sometimes your pontificating and superciliousness knows no bounds…..

“Critical people…..etc etc b0ll0x b0ll0x, blah blah……”

People capable of critical thought are also much more capable than those who simply accept the status quo of finding solutions to the problems they identify (Get a look at ITIL and the handling of Problem Management it recommends, and the kind of skills and qualities teams made up to address Issue and Problem management are expected to have)

I have pointed out problems with the club, and their source. Issues of poor performance of the 1st team stem from two key causes/problems;

1. The role of DoF being occupied by an individual who is patently incapable of both managing a budget and securing suitably skilled players able to be formed into a competitive squad/team
    2. The head coach & coaching staff introduced immediately following the appointment of Orta as DoF, who have/had little or no experience in professional football at any level, and who are (or were) as patently unfit to perform such duties as the person who appointed them is of performing his

To address these problems, the following actions are required (I have stated these before, but just so its easy for you I’ll repeat them here);

1. Dismiss the Director of Football, and do not appoint a replacement
    2. Appoint the current Head Coach as 1st team Manager
    3. Devolve responsibilities previously allocated to the DoF role to the 1st team Manager
    4. Dismiss coaching staff appointed by the DoF
    5. Review the remaining coaching staff complement and appoint suitably qualified coaching staff, selected and recommended by the 1st team Manager to ensure a full and competent staffing level
    6. Terminate the “arrangement” currently in place between Leeds United and Cultural Leonora
    7. Any players currently on loan to Cultural Leonora should be incorporated into the Leeds United development squads (which team would be based on their age and current state of development)
    8. At seasons end the 1st team squad to be reviewed by the Manager with a view to reducing its size, either by selling or placing on loan those players not considered likely to be capable to further development or those who are not yet of suitable quality but are seen as having potential, as appropriate
    9. All 1st team selection, tactics and other football-related matters to be the ultimate responsibility of the 1st team Manager
    10. The owner to make available to the 1st team Manager a suitable budget for the acquisition of a select number of key players for the 2018/19 season, the positions of play and numbers to be advised by the 1st team Manager

I am not privy to the details of salaries paid to the DoF, coaching staff, or the costs of the arrangement with Cultural Leonora, but I suspect that the short-term suggestions above, from 1 – 6 are probably cost neutral, perhaps even beneficial in reducing opex.

Provided surplus players can be removed from the wage bill, either sold or sent out on loan with the loaning club paying the majority of player wages, substantial further reductions in opex could be achieved during the summer (8 above). If slaes or loan under the conditions described can’t be achieved, then there are two alternatives;

a. Player is no longer selected for any team, and is paid the minimum subject to their contractual terms
    b. Player contracts are terminated via mutual consent, with zero compensation (if not agreeable (a) applies

None of the above reduces the clubs ability to scout, although it probably makes the Managers job more challenging, which is precisely the aim, (don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better!)

None of this reduces commercial activity, (I hope our DoF isn’t involved in marketing, he has shown that simply acquiring good players is a struggle, he doesn’t need additional burdens!), although I’d suggest the relationship with Aspire and the role of Bravo should be reviewed for its benefit (short and long term) to Leeds United.

We currently charge PL-type prices for Championship football. That would be bad enough as an offering to a fan base that most clubs would die for. As it is, we rub salt in the wound by fielding sub-standard players brought in over the head of those responsible for coaching, and the results are painfully obvious for all to see, whatever role they have, from supporter to owner. Making the changes I suggest will bring about improvements in performance, which in turn will improve the supporter experience with results on the pitch.

I could go on about how we should be engaging with the young fans, as many other clubs do (the article you highlighted about Bristol City being one excellent example), about removing rip-off prices from the concessions, allowing profitable performance but not excessively so, ditto for the club shop, where Leeds could win so many friends (and by doing so generate even more good news by mouth-to-mouth recommendation) by reducing the profits made on each item, and by doing so making sure that volume of sales improves (I’d rather Leeds was as successful as Primark with its price/value proposition than Marks & Spencer with its!), but frankly I can’t be ar5ed, as the likelihood that the club will do anything of the sort is “negligible”

So, enough to be going on with, or do I get another “looking down your nose on the little people” response?
    After reading your ten commandments I can only thank god that you're not running our club.

Just my opinion mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CromerWhite View Post
    After reading your ten commandments I can only thank god that you're not running our club.

Just my opinion mind.
    Ok, what do YOU think should be done, or is everything Leeds-related in Cromer sweetness and light?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Ok, what do YOU think should be done, or is everything Leeds-related in Cromer sweetness and light?
    We could show a little patience with a man who's only been in charge for 9 months.

To be honest WTF I don't have the luxury of time you seem to have to respond to how wrong your ten "Proposals" are.

Quote Originally Posted by cromerwhite View Post
    we could show a little patience with a man who's only been in charge for 9 months.

To be honest wtf i don't have the luxury of time you seem to have to respond to how wrong your ten "proposals" are.
    patience after four**** years lol.

Another dimwit wet behind the ears . Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    patience after four**** years lol.

Another dimwit wet behind the ears . Lol
    Nine months, where the four**** years come from Bob. Was AR in the board meetings four**** years ago?

Did we own Elland Road four**** years ago?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)