+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to put up or shut up.

Time to put up or shut up.

So this season is over before April....again. We've shot ourselves in the foot by selling our best players and replacing them with second rate quality, again. We are sat here in March questioning players commitment and attitude again.

We need a proper approach this summer, enough is enough with mucking about with 'hopeful' signings. Time to spend the cash and get the quality. (Before I mention these players I know we wont sign them but you get my point)

Splash the cash, get the players we know will do the business and all hail the returns of:

Kyle Bartley
    James Milner
    Aaaron Lennon
    Max Gradel
    Luke Garbutt

Also get that Woods and Bentley from Brentford + the two lads from Preston. Don't sell Jansson or Saiz. Do take Cibicki, Cooper, Wiedwald, Lonergan, Anita, O'Kane and Grot to a deserted island and leave them there. Job done.

Or sell Jansson and Saiz. Sign some soft foreign lads who've never kicked a ball in England and can barely get a game in their own country + one token cheap british player to make it appear like we are signing championship quality, preferably someone who played 2/3 games in a promotion winning team so we can claim they'll bring experience.

Or sign some crap from Barnsley, that will definitely be in the pipe line.

For me Joel I'd be signing stockdale marshall Bartley helander flint Clayton Howson, Jaime mata and francesco caputo, I think milner as much as I'd love for him and lennon to come back to Leeds I can't see it happening until we are back in the Premier league, then both of them might come back, we get ideguchi from preseason who I think will become a good player for us, I'd also keep BPF ayling berardi coyle debock Denton jansson shaughnessy forshaw Phillips Vieira alioski Dallas sacko hernandez Saiz lasogga ekuban grot and Roberts, all the rest not mentioned can leave the club, and that includes the current coaches, I'd promote sully to first team gk coach, get redders back coaching the kids, bring in an experienced British coach or a former Leeds player who knows what this club and its fans expect, and if we do all that, we will be promoted next season

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    For me Joel I'd be signing stockdale marshall Bartley helander flint Clayton Howson, Jaime mata and francesco caputo, I think milner as much as I'd love for him and lennon to come back to Leeds I can't see it happening until we are back in the Premier league, then both of them might come back, we get ideguchi from preseason who I think will become a good player for us, I'd also keep BPF ayling berardi coyle debock Denton jansson shaughnessy forshaw Phillips Vieira alioski Dallas sacko hernandez Saiz lasogga ekuban grot and Roberts, all the rest not mentioned can leave the club, and that includes the current coaches, I'd promote sully to first team gk coach, get redders back coaching the kids, bring in an experienced British coach or a former Leeds player who knows what this club and its fans expect, and if we do all that, we will be promoted next season
    Ideguchi can't get in a spanish second division team struggling against relegation so I'm not holding out much hope on that front.

Problem with most of those players you mention- Berardi, De Bock, Denton, Shaughnessy, Phillips, Alioski, Dallas, Lassoga is they're all just ok squad players not promotion quality players and then the others like Sacko, Grot etc are just crap.

We have 4 genuine promotion quality players in Forshaw, Saiz, Hernandez, Jansson and when in form and fit Vieira. But thats not enough sadly.
    Last edited by joellufcprice; 11-03-2018 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    So this season is over before April....again. We've shot ourselves in the foot by selling our best players and replacing them with second rate quality, again. We are sat here in March questioning players commitment and attitude again.

We need a proper approach this summer, enough is enough with mucking about with 'hopeful' signings. Time to spend the cash and get the quality. (Before I mention these players I know we wont sign them but you get my point)

Splash the cash, get the players we know will do the business and all hail the returns of:

Kyle Bartley
    James Milner
    Aaaron Lennon
    Max Gradel
    Luke Garbutt

Also get that Woods and Bentley from Brentford + the two lads from Preston. Don't sell Jansson or Saiz. Do take Cibicki, Cooper, Wiedwald, Lonergan, Anita, O'Kane and Grot to a deserted island and leave them there. Job done.

Or sell Jansson and Saiz. Sign some soft foreign lads who've never kicked a ball in England and can barely get a game in their own country + one token cheap british player to make it appear like we are signing championship quality, preferably someone who played 2/3 games in a promotion winning team so we can claim they'll bring experience.
    I'd hope for the first, but fear the second, for as long as our DoF remains in post.

Quote Originally Posted by clivetheleedsfan View Post
    for me joel i'd be signing stockdale marshall bartley helander flint clayton howson, jaime mata and francesco caputo, i think milner as much as i'd love for him and lennon to come back to leeds i can't see it happening until we are back in the premier league, then both of them might come back, we get ideguchi from preseason who i think will become a good player for us, i'd also keep bpf ayling berardi coyle debock denton jansson shaughnessy forshaw phillips vieira alioski dallas sacko hernandez saiz lasogga ekuban grot and roberts, all the rest not mentioned can leave the club, and that includes the current coaches, i'd promote sully to first team gk coach, get redders back coaching the kids, bring in an experienced british coach or a former leeds player who knows what this club and its fans expect, and if we do all that, we will be promoted next season
    sacko? Keep???

Kyle Bartley
    James Milner
    Aaaron Lennon
    Max Gradel
    Luke Garbutt

Needs to be put of Mrs O's 'invitation to comment thread' which she is gonna show to Radz.

Ideguchi can't get in a spanish second division team struggling against relegation so I'm not holding out much hope on that front.

Problem with most of those players you mention- Berardi, De Bock, Denton, Shaughnessy, Phillips, Alioski, Dallas, Lassoga is they're all just ok squad players not promotion quality players and then the others like Sacko, Grot etc are just crap.

We have 4 genuine promotion quality players in Forshaw, Saiz, Hernandez, Jansson and when in form and fit Vieira. But thats not enough sadly.
    Ideguchi -

Japan international Yosuke Ideguchi was loaned abroad immediately because FA rules prohibited him from gaining a work permit for the rest of the English 17/18 season.
    He had not made the requisite number of international appearances for Japan to meet the FA’s requirements.
    Leeds are confident he will secure a work permit for the 2018-19 campaign.

The J-League's busy campaign (season runs from March to Dec) was completed in 2017 so Leeds saw a European loan as a way of keeping Ideguchi 'active' during what should have been his 'rest period' and then start his pre season in Spain hence his recent first tentative appearance.
    After securing his services (fighting competition from others) for £500,000 on a four year contract up front .........negative reports 'bout him from Spain are bollux as he is simply not match fit at the 'mo .............. and he will be keen to board the World Cup squad plane to Russia after featuring in Japan's successful WC campaign fit & fresh after a busy 2017 year for him both on and off the pitch as he was a prominent figure 'pin up' boy PR wise for the J- League,so as a 20 year old in 2017 a hell of lot of expectation being placed on his shoulders in fairness Joel.

MOT

I don't think "sensible approach" and "splash the cash" are compatible. We don't have to throw money everywhere just because we have it, rather, spend it when neccessary to fill the gaps. A player's value (squad and importance wise) isn't determined by how much we pay for him.

I still believe that last summer we signed a few excellent players on paper but they aren't working out for some reason. Either because of the surroundings, tactics, whatever else. I had no doubts that Lasogga on his day is a lot better than Wood.

I think the only genuine mistake we have made was appointing Heckingbottom. No disrespect to the man, he is a part of Leeds now thus I support him till the very end but what the F? He is nowhere near good enough and I still have no idea what made Radrizzani think that he is the perfect man for the job. I can't see us progressing with him but I sure hope he proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Ideguchi -

Japan international Yosuke Ideguchi was loaned abroad immediately because FA rules prohibited him from gaining a work permit for the rest of the English 17/18 season.
    He had not made the requisite number of international appearances for Japan to meet the FA’s requirements.
    Leeds are confident he will secure a work permit for the 2018-19 campaign.

The J-League's busy campaign (season runs from March to Dec) was completed in 2017 so Leeds saw a European loan as a way of keeping Ideguchi 'active' during what should have been his 'rest period' and then start his pre season in Spain hence his recent first tentative appearance.
    After securing his services (fighting competition from others) for £500,000 on a four year contract up front .........negative reports 'bout him from Spain are bollux as he is simply not match fit at the 'mo .............. and he will be keen to board the World Cup squad plane to Russia after featuring in Japan's successful WC campaign fit & fresh after a busy 2017 year for him both on and off the pitch as he was a prominent figure 'pin up' boy PR wise for the J- League,so as a 20 year old in 2017 a hell of lot of expectation being placed on his shoulders in fairness Joel.

MOT
    So, he is "simply not match fit", and that's being helped by playing less than 3 whole games since he was loaned out, and yet "will be keen to board the World Cup squad plane.......after featuring in Japan's successful WC campaign fit and fresh..etc etc etc...".

Errrrr which is it, fit and fresh, or simply not match fit????

Either way, I'll bet you a pint of whatever ale you like that he never figures prominently for Leeds United, as a pin up or anything else.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)